***Official Signing Day Updates***

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Easton Dean is going to be good he looked great in spot duty this year. Very fluid runner, great size and frame.

Anyone heard anything about Skylar Loving Black TE? Everything has been ghost silent on him it seems. Same with DeShawn Hanika (know he is just a freshman).

With safety I am not concerned at all. Losing White and Eisworth hurts yes... but Mason Chambers looks like a baller, Isheem Young is back, Craig McDonald looks promising too, and Beau Fryler and the juco safety help too.

We do need an alpha dog (or two/three) to emerge in terms of some younger corners and younger wr's.

Alpha Dog = Isheem

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
What are the limits for the total number of recruits/scholarships for the next season?

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Who are the 8 early enrollees?

Look at 247's list of our commits. Click on one of the names. At the bottom of his profile you will find an explanation of what all of their symbols mean. "Early enrollee" is one of them.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Can someone help me understand our ranking this year, 51 I believe, and why we aren’t moving up the rankings more? I am in no way questioning the staff because they are obviously great and identifying and developing talent but the hope would be to start climbing those rankings, too.

Reactions: Benny34

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
What are the limits for the total number of recruits/scholarships for the next season?

Same as every year (25/85).

The only exception is that 2020 seniors don't count against the 2021 limit, should they come back for their "free" year.

• Winner
Reactions: Aclone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Can someone help me understand our ranking this year, 51 I believe, and why we aren’t moving up the rankings more? I am in no way questioning the staff because they are obviously great and identifying and developing talent but the hope would be to start climbing those rankings, too.
The 30-60 range is fairly packed and a small adjustment here or there can move you several spots. Getting a top 20 is generally what you like to see. If you look at who are top recruits have been over the years. A high portion of them are from Campbells era. So the ranking quality is improving although our classes don’t seem to. Makes a person wonder if the rankings overall are higher today than 10 or 20 years ago.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Same as every year (25/85).

The only exception is that 2020 seniors don't count against the 2021 limit, should they come back for their "free" year.

As I recall, the 4 game limit was also waived. So a freshman could have played this year every game, but still count himself as a redshirt freshman next year.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
As I recall, the 4 game limit was also waived. So a freshman could have played this year every game, but still count himself as a redshirt freshman next year.
Yeah, this year doesn’t count for anyone. Not sure how they will handle it since it could have ripple effects for the next five years.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron