***Official Pacers Playoff Thread***

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
reggie-miller.jpg

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Boston just knows when they can play physical and aggressive closing out these games. At Boston I‘m skeptical Indy would have been afforded the same benefit, but tonight at home they had to be more physical when they were in the driver’s seat.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Didn't realize Hali was out kind of surprised Indy played as well as they did. Hard to beat Boston when old fart Hartford drains 7 treys on ya.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Didn't realize Hali was out kind of surprised Indy played as well as they did. Hard to beat Boston when old fart Hartford drains 7 treys on ya.

At the end of all three games Boston has just gotten really physical and it shows that other than Siakam practically none of these guys have significant playoff experience before this year.

Some of it is they’re a team built around offense but I think it’s more just lack of experience. The optimistic view of the Pacers is the playoffs has shown they have a very deep/young team compared to most and their organization knows how to build a team.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well off to a 0-3 start, I'm thinking they aren't going to bounce back from this. Just haven't been able to close out a game.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Myles "Nemhard" Turner!

Edit: I just finished watching the 1st half. It's halftime for me. I'm behind. No idea what the 2nd half is doing.
Whelp. Game over for me finally.

I knew it wasn't good with not too many comments in the 2nd half.

Boston is good, but the Pacers gave away games 1 & 3 now.

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Horford might wind up being their MVP the way he's filling in for Porzingis, and not just 'filling in'; he's playing great.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I'm wondering if Carlisle is the right man for the Pacer's coach going forward?
At the end of all three games Boston has just gotten really physical and it shows that other than Siakam practically none of these guys have significant playoff experience before this year.

Some of it is they’re a team built around offense but I think it’s more just lack of experience. The optimistic view of the Pacers is the playoffs has shown they have a very deep/young team compared to most and their organization knows how to build a team.
What do you think? Is Carlisle the guy to take them to the next level?

Some of the coaching decisions, out-of-bounds plays, lack of defense, make me scratch my head. And yet, they are a young team.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Ownership will hide behind the youth excuse but the right coach would have indy up 2-1.

I feel like Carlisle has alot of blame to shoulder for this.
Agree. Even I can see some of the coaching mistakes so far, in the Pacers last 2 series, and I don't really know BB (just played a little, is all, when young).

I'd still like other's opinions on Carlisle, as he is coach of one of our favorite Cyclones.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Carlisle has kind of reinvented himself. He was a micro manager as a coach and now with Tyrese he is much more about concepts and free flowing offense. He may need to tweak this approach a little. This teams really seems to like and respect him. Chemistry is great, so changing the coach would have a lot of risk in my opinion. Look at Milwaukee and LA. Their coaching changes have been a disaster.

I think with all these young guys, you give Carlisle some more time if Tyrese feels like he is the right guy.

Reactions: t-noah

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Apparently everyone (else) has given up on the Pacers tonight.

Reactions: CydeofFries

CydeofFries

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 10, 2017
This feels like every other game this series. Pacers playing good enough to win, but will they be able to close it out

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY