***Official Pacers Playoff Thread***

CydeofFries

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 10, 2017
I'm wondering if he got hurt during that play with Brown in the first quarter. He went down rough and my first fear was him reinjuring/aggravating his back spasms

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Boston fans and players crying about foul calls is ******* comical.

And Doris. It’s not as bad as the Knicks series but another home broadcast in general.

The refs won’t be giving pacers 2x more fouls and 4x less FTs in Indy or they’d burn down the building.

Reactions: bozclone

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I have these guys on mute but looks like you guys don’t know what happened to Tyrese either?

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
Kind of predictable. League implements stuff to prevent resting, encouraging players to not heal. Then, pacers have one day of rest coming off two seven game series with multiple overtime games. One game of rest again into game 2 and this is what happens. Honestly, I think the league needs to get rid of back 2 backs during the regular season and have every post season series have at least 2 days between for both teams. Watching exhausted and hamstrung teams limp through playoff games is rough and we've had almost every series impacted this year.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Poetic irony. The game after he gets paid thanks to rushing back from injury to make the games played minimum, he re-aggravates it. Hopefully it's only minor.

It just sucks.
Hamstrings are just so prone to reinjury unless you get a long time off. Yes, hopefully it's just minor. I have my doubts.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Just finished watching. Siakam was the only reason they stayed somewhat close. Their defense was abysmal for most of the game. The rotations and effort were awful.

Reactions: SolterraCyclone

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
While I don't think Tyrese has quite reached max super stardom, he is quite obviously the oil for that Pacers engine. They are probably not winning the series with him, but they have no shot without him.

• Agree
Reactions: t-noah

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
While I don't think Tyrese has quite reached max super stardom, he is quite obviously the oil for that Pacers engine. They are probably not winning the series with him, but they have no shot without him.

I really thought they could get it to 2-2 for a three game series.

The foul discrepancy in game one was comically bad and they had to totally implode to lose. Then game two they dominated for a quarter, got killed for a quarter, yet got that game back to a 2 point game late in the third.

Without Tyrese though they are a long shot to win a game at home. I have no idea why nobody mentions it but Mathurin being out is the loss of a real weapon on offense too. Probably their most athletic player and a 15ppg starter.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

The Pacers are now two quick games away from their '23-24 epitaph.

So what will happen tonight? They will probably win.

I don't think that's happening! Pacers have no chance w/o Hali. Celtics are pretty good.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I really thought they could get it to 2-2 for a three game series.

The foul discrepancy in game one was comically bad and they had to totally implode to lose. Then game two they dominated for a quarter, got killed for a quarter, yet got that game back to a 2 point game late in the third.

Without Tyrese though they are a long shot to win a game at home. I have no idea why nobody mentions it but Mathurin being out is the loss of a real weapon on offense too. Probably their most athletic player and a 15ppg starter.
I've never seen Mathurin play, but if he could play and shoot better than some of the other Pacer reserves, that would be good, and his injury was a big blow.

For example, Sheppard seems to get a lot of play time now, but honestly, I think I could shoot better than him! Not saying a whole lot.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I've never seen Mathurin play, but if he could play and shoot better than some of the other Pacer reserves, that would be good, and his injury was a big blow.

For example, Sheppard seems to get a lot of play time now, but honestly, I think I could shoot better than him! Not saying a whole lot.

He's an attacking athletic slasher type of player, kind of a poor man's Anthony Edwards or D Wade. Not incredibly reliable, but huge upside where certain individual games he'll go off and is hard to guard.

It hasn't been a massive loss because Nesmith has really stepped up, but with Tyrese out they could definitely use him for extra offense and depth.

CydeofFries

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 10, 2017

Mathurin is essentially the complete opposite player of Tyrese, in the best way possible. He attacks the rim with almost reckless abandon. He's almost ANT-lite.

Ben Sheppard was automatic at times from the 3 point line, but has definitely hit a slump in the Boston series. Trading Buddy at the deadline and replacing him with McDermott was a longer bigger downgrade than everyone expected when it happened.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The Pacers are now two quick games away from their '23-24 epitaph.

So what will happen tonight? They will probably win.

I don't think that's happening! Pacers have no chance w/o Hali. Celtics are pretty good.

They have a chance if Siakam and McConnell have great games. Those are the guys other than Tyrese who can take over and force the issue. A lot of the other guys are very skilled but just play a complimentary role. I'd love Turner to prove me wrong and go out there and dominate without Tyrese setting him up.

CydeofFries

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 10, 2017
I don't get how ESPN consistently misses plays in every game showing inconsequential highlights.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron