***OFFICIAL OSU @ ISU Postgame Thread***

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Hopefully I dont have to watch the Travis Ford school of flopping in the BigXII tourney. Tired of that crap for the year.

WAY TO GO SENIORS!!

BTW. I think it would take somebody solid like Smart to cause Booker to hit the floor that hard, but at first I thought he flopped

cycfan

Nov 8, 2006
So what projections for our RPI? Mid-50s?
Are we safe if we should lose @ WVU?

We were 53 before the game. Probably go to upper 40's. Still think we are safe regardless of WVU. We basically are getting credit for the KU game in the minds of the committee. The RPI is all computer, so it can't figure that in.

GO CYCLONES!!!

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
although i didn't say it, that was part of my point. he hasn't learned. the season is almost over and he is in foul trouble nearly every single game. he needs to watch about 6x as much film as he currently is, because his current regiment isn't working.

Announcers said he's had 5 DQs this year. Sure seems like a big number.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Excellent win. Take care of business at WVU on Saturday and head down to Kansas City on a roll. KU and a shot at revenge awaits.

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
I have a theory about officiating. Put your foil hat on. I think we will see more bad calls now that we have exposed the pi$$ poor officiating. Just my little conspiracy.
I thought the game was called pretty well tonight by today's low standards. Even on the deadball technical ... on the replay it looked like Georges's contact may not have been as inadvertent as it first seemed to me.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Just wanted to drop in and say we looked some cowgirls in the eye and said "would you rather be with a man that has the power of a storm and looks like Fred Hoiberg? Or a bunch of ugly *** cowboys???" Needless to say, they made the right choice.

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
I love Niang, but looking forward to him having a year of experience under his belt next year. He's had a lot of dumb fouls this year. Frankly, the kid plays a little dirty, and gets caught...

I like the fire and tenacity, but hoping he can learn to reign it in just enough to avoid the aggression fouls. Either way, the kid brings a lot to this team, and he's gonna be fun to watch at ISU. One of my buddies is a huge KU and basketball fan in general. He is not looking forward to having to play against Niang next year.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Giving credit where credit is due..... I loved our defensive intensity in the 1st half. It got a little looser in the 2nd, and we made a few mistakes with sloppy fouls.

Booker also was a stud. I hope he plays like that the rest of the way out.

Last edited:

cyson

Jun 24, 2007
This team drives me to drink. Threw the ball out of bounds after a basket, picked twice, back to back with an unforced over and back. Were sloppy. We need to tighten things up.

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
ISU really started giving them a lot of easy turnovers near the end as well as a couple of early in the shot clock off balanced contested threes! Here is what is interesting. ISU just gave them their worst defeat and their biggest margin of loss. GO CYCLONES!

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
A postgame gem from Fred Hoiberg: “And I thought our free throw defense was much better. They only shot 90 percent against us tonight.”

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Bobby45

Aug 15, 2012
Great Win by Freddie and our fighting Seniors and the rest of the guys.

Lets go to West Virginia and try to play our best and steal one on the road. If we dont we will just have to go to Kansas City and win our 1st Round game to look good to the ncaa committee.

Its great to be a Cyclone and be part of Freddie Ball.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron