***OFFICIAL OSU @ ISU Postgame Thread***

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
man, i think i get more ****** off during basketball games than i do football games. that is saying a lot.

what the crap was that dead ball tech foul? really? does a dead ball foul HAVE to be a technical? that was a 4 point swing that gave the pokes life and could have easily cost us the game. could have easily been a non call of incidental contact.

glad this team finally stepped up when their backs were against the wall.

Without a doubt, I do.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
I Sit Next To The Tunnel Where The Opponents Go In, In The Student Section.As We Were Heckling Smart He Shrugged And Yelled To Us"Don't Care, Im Gone"

Good, his **** is not needed in NCAA basketball. Between him and Nash, I will thoroughly enjoy watching them get school next year in the NBA.

PylesBBQ

Sep 11, 2011
Madrid, IA
I missed the whole game. I knew it was tonight, I didn't check the time. I don't get ESPNU at work anyway. I could have been listening. Sounds like they came to play for senior night.

I have a theory about officiating. Put your foil hat on. I think we will see more bad calls now that we have exposed the pi$$ poor officiating. Just my little conspiracy.

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
Feels good knowing this team will be back in the NCAA tournament for the 2nd straight year. After those lean years of Greg McDermott I really appreciate it now.

Proud of this team for coming back strong after that garbage game in Norman.
Ain't that the truth!!

kilroy

Jun 10, 2010
hills to flat lands
Hopefully I dont have to watch the Travis Ford school of flopping in the BigXII tourney. Tired of that crap for the year.

WAY TO GO SENIORS!!

Last edited:

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Enjoying a cocktail now and celebrating a meaningful win. Feels good to not be wondering how in the hell we could have possibly lost on a banked in three or a string of BS calls.

theyork

Aug 6, 2009
hedgesville, wv
my one downer moment:

melving and niang are the kings of worthless fouls are they not? melvin fouls an offensive non-threat near half court then fouls smart on a bailout 3 to leave the game. EVERY one of niang's fouls are worthless. if you are going to chest bump someone and draw a foul, at least make sure their shot has no chance at going in! niang has his arms straight up on nearly every foul. he just throws his chest into the offensive player and lets the guy get off a decent shot.

i only say this because they are so pivotal in us winning games. they are such good players, this team can't afford to have them riding the pine unnecessarily due to silly fouls.

whatever i guess. we won. just frustrating

Madcyentist

Aug 12, 2011
Ankeny/Ames
I Sit Next To The Tunnel Where The Opponents Go In, In The Student Section.As We Were Heckling Smart He Shrugged And Yelled To Us"Don't Care, Im Gone"

If this is true, I am instantly a fan of him. I basically am anyway though that dude can ball. But still that is awesome.

Madcyentist

Aug 12, 2011
Ankeny/Ames
my one downer moment:

melving and niang are the kings of worthless fouls are they not? melvin fouls an offensive non-threat near half court then fouls smart on a bailout 3 to leave the game. EVERY one of niang's fouls are worthless. if you are going to chest bump someone and draw a foul, at least make sure their shot has no chance at going in! niang has his arms straight up on nearly every foul. he just throws his chest into the offensive player and lets the guy get off a decent shot.

i only say this because they are so pivotal in us winning games. they are such good players, this team can't afford to have them riding the pine unnecessarily due to silly fouls.

whatever i guess. we won. just frustrating

Melvin had three fouls 35 feet from the hoop. His brain shrinks sometimes but it happens to everyone. He will watch film and learn. That's basketball.

theyork

Aug 6, 2009
hedgesville, wv
Melvin had three fouls 35 feet from the hoop. His brain shrinks sometimes but it happens to everyone. He will watch film and learn. That's basketball.

although i didn't say it, that was part of my point. he hasn't learned. the season is almost over and he is in foul trouble nearly every single game. he needs to watch about 6x as much film as he currently is, because his current regiment isn't working.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Feels good knowing this team will be back in the NCAA tournament for the 2nd straight year. After those lean years of Greg McDermott I really appreciate it now.

Proud of this team for coming back strong after that garbage game in Norman.

I'd substitute the word moribound for lean but otherwise I'm good with this.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
marcus smart is built for the NBA. He can shoot, run, jump and is huge. He looks like a linebacker. I think Nash will be a late second rounder

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
If this is true, I am instantly a fan of him. I basically am anyway though that dude can ball. But still that is awesome.

How is that awesome that he doesn't care. I'll root for our guys that care. Speaking of which, our guys came with intensity. If they play that way all the time, there isn't a team in the nation we can't beat. We shot poorly from 3 and still won.