*** Official ISU vs Baylor Gameday Thread ***

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Gonna be UGLY
I have a hard time disagreeing with you. All week I was thinking about the OSU game in 2011, and was clinging to that fool's hope that we could do it again tonight. But the more I think about, the more my faith wains. We will be down 1/4 our front 4, while 2 other guys play at far less than 100%. We have a QB with one good leg, one gimpy ankle, a RB who is arguably our best playmaker playing hurt, and possibly our lone shutdown corner out for this one as well. Aside from this mountain of injuries, we will be playing in a sold-out Floyd Casey Stadium, the victim of a school's homecoming for the second straight week. The atmosphere will be electric for an electric Baylor offense.

By all means, ugly could happen. Not feeling great about it. I was feeling OK until I woke up this morning, suddenly very sober and despondent.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
I have a hard time disagreeing with you. All week I was thinking about the OSU game in 2011, and was clinging to that fool's hope that we could do it again tonight. But the more I think about, the more my faith wains. We will be down 1/4 our front 4, while 2 other guys play at far less than 100%. We have a QB with one good leg, one gimpy ankle, a RB who is arguably our best playmaker playing hurt, and possibly our lone shutdown corner out for this one as well. Aside from this mountain of injuries, we will be playing in a sold-out Floyd Casey Stadium, the victim of a school's homecoming for the second straight week. The atmosphere will be electric for an electric Baylor offense.

By all means, ugly could happen. Not feeling great about it. I was feeling OK until I woke up this morning, suddenly very sober and despondent.
At least having this mindset sets us up for minimal disappointment. Much unlike the way UNI and Iowa games felt.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
At least having this mindset sets us up for minimal disappointment. Much unlike the way UNI and Iowa games felt.
That is true. I will still feel very sick to my stomach if we give up 50+ and lose ugly, though. My realistic hope right now is that we keep them at or below 45 and lose by 20 or less. A win would be great as well, but...

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive
Surprising number of good early games is helping get us through to our game. Middle games gotta represent now. Think I'll watch UCLA - Stanford.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
OK, with all of these lesser teams coming to play today (Iowa v. Ohio State, Kansas v. OU almost WVU v. TTech) a moral victory will not suffice tonight. I want a WIN!

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
We are going to be 5-7 this year.

Wins over

Oklahoma state
TCU
Kansas
@West Virginia

6-6 if we can win today.

Im not so sure about OSU

TCU looks awful so yeah.
WVU has looked a lot better at home than on the road, so thats not helpful for us.
And Kansas beating OU right now scares me.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
we had a party last night and i still am on bed with a headache. so no drinking for me. not sure how am i going to handle this.