***Official ISU Bowl Predictions***

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Although, for whatever it’s worth, CBS Bowl Predictions just release that they think Memphis will head to the Cotton Bowl.... hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
In my opinion:

Alamo Bowl: Texas (lots of Longhorn fans in the area + travel well usually)
KState: Camping World
OKState: Texas Bowl
Iowa State: Liberty.

If Texas were ranked, I think you’d be right. Alamo prides themselves on being a top bowl outside the NY6 and they want ranked vs ranked matchups. I think Alamo will take whoever is ranked highest between OSU and KSU. Both should be ranked Tuesday

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
If Texas were ranked, I think you’d be right. Alamo prides themselves on being a top bowl outside the NY6 and they want ranked vs ranked matchups. I think Alamo will take whoever is ranked highest between OSU and KSU. Both should be ranked Tuesday

Yeah. To be fair, the Alamo Bowl is a pretty big bowl. OKState won’t be ranked, KState will. So, it could be a toss up between KState and Texas.

If they want “prestige” they’ll go KState, if they want money, they’ll go for Texas. However, I don’t see a ranked PAC12 team for them to pick?
Both Utah and Oregon are projected to be higher than the Alamo Bowl, and they’re the only ranked PAC 12 teams.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Yeah. To be fair, the Alamo Bowl is a pretty big bowl. OKState won’t be ranked, KState will. So, it could be a toss up between KState and Texas.

If they want “prestige” they’ll go KState, if they want money, they’ll go for Texas. However, I don’t see a ranked PAC12 team for them to pick?
Both Utah and Oregon are projected to be higher than the Alamo Bowl, and they’re the only ranked PAC 12 teams.

Committee won’t punish OSU for losing to the #5/6 team IMO, but we’ll have to see.

I’m guessing Utah or Oregon loser falls to the Alamo

• Winner
Reactions: twojman

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I can probably live with whatever we get as long as it's not Memphis against Memphis again

I'm the one fool that likes Memphis. It's an easy drive and I like the Peabody. And all the fans are in the same area.

But I can completely understand not wanting to go there and I do think there would be less fans that go this time.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Could
You’re right. ESPN has us listed at 6th and Texas at 3rd. I believe ESPN has the correct one. Ugh, so disappointing to be slotted for the worst of the Big 12 Bowls this season.
E314-A075-C015-40-FB-A7-A3-0-B4439-CA921-A.png

Here was the preseason media poll:

1. Oklahoma
2. Texas
3. Iowa State
4. TCU
5. Oklahoma State
6. Baylor
7. Texas Tech
8. West Virginia
9. Kansas State
10. Kansas

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Earliest week 14 projection I see is CBS .... has only CFP and NY6 so far ... but has OU as 4 in Playoff andd BU as Sugar-auto. We'll see how low Palm puts us later. He had ISU in Liberty after last week, so that's probably still his ceiling.

I'm not confident Oklahoma gets playoff spot, but we'll see.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Earliest week 14 projection I see is CBS .... has only CFP and NY6 so far ... but has OU as 4 in Playoff andd BU as Sugar-auto. We'll see how low Palm puts us later. He had ISU in Liberty after last week, so that's probably still his ceiling.
I'm not confident Oklahoma gets playoff spot, but we'll see.

I’d want anything but Liberty......... PLEASE

hawksuck75

Mar 25, 2006
Chicago, IL
Oklahoma State went to Liberty Bowl Last Year. They won't send them there again.

Were most likely getting Liberty vs Tennesse/Kentucky/Mississippi State or Cincy/Memphis loser if OU/BU make NY6. Cheez-It vs Arizona State/Washington State/San Diego State if Big 12 misses out on CFP.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
need OU in playoff for some help.
our traveling fan base is attractive to these bowls. could help us with the log jam of 5-4 teams.

i see texas/liberty/cheez it, in that order as possibilities.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Memphis is playing against Cincy again this weekend...again in Memphis. They handled the Bearcats this week, and I suspect it’ll be a similar result coming up.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I think some of you are vastly underestimating the pull our fan base (and JP) has with bowl games currently. After OU and Baylor get slotted, the only team more attractive than ISU is Texas.

IMO, if OU and Texas both get at least an NY6, the Alamo takes Texas and we go to the Camping World. If Baylor does not get an NY6, then they go to the Alamo, Texas to the Camping World and we go to Texas. I see no way any Bowl chooses OSU or KSU over us.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: Cycsk and 06_CY

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
I think some of you are vastly underestimating the pull our fan base (and JP) has with bowl games currently. After OU and Baylor get slotted, the only team more attractive than ISU is Texas.

IMO, if OU and Texas both get at least an NY6, the Alamo takes Texas and we go to the Camping World. If Baylor does not get an NY6, then they go to the Alamo, Texas to the Camping World and we go to Texas. I see no way any Bowl chooses OSU or KSU over us.
I think one way would be the fact those two teams beat ISU and finished above. But yes I agree ISU gets a bump when it comes to fan travel. A bowl in memphis again will hurt that reputation this year imo.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron