***Official ISU Bowl Predictions***

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Texas can't play in every bowl game. Right now I'm reading on here how Texas is going to the Alamo bowl because they would of course pick Texas. Then they are for sure going to the CWB because they would for sure pick a Texas vs Notre Dame match up. Then they are for sure going to the Texas bowl because they wouldn't pass up a Texas vs Texas A&M match up.

Well only 1 bowl gets Texas so I wouldn't say we're doomed to the Liberty bowl for all of those reasons.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Because I've been to the Liberty Bowl and it's a joke that this team is relegated to Memphis again. This program is so much better than that right now.

I had a heck of a time at the Liberty Bowl two years ago and would go back in a second. Just like I did in San Antonio last year.

It’s a meaningless exhibition football game - some people put way too much emphasis on them.

Last edited:

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
The B12 is stronger with playing the way we do now. It’s the only conference where everyone plays everyone and the best two play each other again.
I personally love the current setup in basketball and football and hope it can remain that way thru future realignment.

You are right, why drive over a bridge to get across the river (to get to the playoff) when you can just swim across. It makes you look tougher!

• Dumb
Reactions: IASTATE07

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
You are right, why drive over a bridge to get across the river (to get to the playoff) when you can just swim across. It makes you look tougher!
The Big 12 does it right. Instead of trying to get us to go backwards get the other conferences to come to what we do.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Because I've been to the Liberty Bowl and it's a joke that this team is relegated to Memphis again. This program is so much better than that right now.
You are what your record says you are. Memphis wasn't the hope going into the year, but it could be worse. Thankfully Shreveport isn't an option currently.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: everyyard

abd4cy

Jul 16, 2010
Phoenix
Booked a hotel in Memphis. I'll hold out for the rest, Memphis is one of those cities where I don't want to be away from Beale.

Although it's the lowest prestige I am hoping for Phoenix. When were talking a lower tier bowl it becomes about location for me. Between Memphis, Houston, and Phoenix I would pick Phoenix everytime. That is not my bias from living here either, Phoenix is a better city with better weather than those 2. With that being said I do not think we will play in Phoenix.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Booked a hotel in Memphis. I'll hold out for the rest, Memphis is one of those cities where I don't want to be away from Beale.

Although it's the lowest prestige I am hoping for Phoenix. When were talking a lower tier bowl it becomes about location for me. Between Memphis, Houston, and Phoenix I would pick Phoenix everytime. That is not my bias from living here either, Phoenix is a better city with better weather than those 2. With that being said I do not think we will play in Phoenix.
I don’t think the Big 12 fills the Cheese It Bowl.
I also think it is a much worse bowl due to its location. For Camping World that’s a big enough bowl people will fly or drive that far. I don’t think people will go in the numbers to Phoenix. I’d rather go to Phoenix but I don’t think I will be able to.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
The Big 12 does it right. Instead of trying to get us to go backwards get the other conferences to come to what we do.

I'm just trying to come up with the best way to make the playoff for the Big 12 and the way I'd like to see the conference go is the best way for that to happen.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I'm just trying to come up with the best way to make the playoff for the Big 12 and the way I'd like to see the conference go is the best way for that to happen.

Oklahoma is potentially going to the playoffs for the fourth year in a row. Going to an 8 game conference schedule for a 10 team conference is stupid.

Edit
4 out of 5 years

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: cygrads

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

There is evidence like results that disagree.

7-5 with one win over a bowl team is just that.

abd4cy

Jul 16, 2010
Phoenix
I don’t think the Big 12 fills the Cheese It Bowl.
I also think it is a much worse bowl due to its location. For Camping World that’s a big enough bowl people will fly or drive that far. I don’t think people will go in the numbers to Phoenix. I’d rather go to Phoenix but I don’t think I will be able to.

I don't think it gets filled unless OU doesnt make the playoffs. I bet we travel better than expected to Phoenix. Family friendly and more affordable than Orlando. I compare those 2 because you used that example. Not to mention we have a good size alumni base here, and a lot of Iowans in general.

Reactions: Sparkplug