***Official ISU Bowl Predictions***

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Just funny seeing you backtrack.
I say lots of stupid stuff and backtrack all the time. Most here do when they make emotional in the moment posts. Reality is I don’t think OU should make the playoff as I don’t believe they are too 4 this year but they may back in if the stars align next week and of course it’s always better for the B12 if they can get a team in.

• Disagree
Reactions: BCClone

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
And eisworth/bailey injuries really hurt the defense too

Also true. The offense leaving them out there for entire first halves of games haven’t helped either. The defense held KSU to 20 with the offense punting and trying to turn the ball over several drives.

Last edited:

Punter18

Nov 12, 2017
I would suggest getting your Memphis Beale/Downtown hotel rooms asap and hold them - if Kentucky or Tenn is coming they will suck them up fast - last time we had no competition for rooms from the Memphis Tigers Fans!

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
you think our team’s performance deserves better? Not sure what makes it a joke. You lose 5 games, you get what you get.

We're an average football team, and the Liberty Bowl is an average bowl game.... so you get what you deserve in life.

If we wanted better than Memphis, then we had to show up and play like we wanted more than Memphis last night, and we didn't show up. It was our worst effort of the season and KSU dominated the game. So you get what you get.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
The defense just didnt perform up to expectations this year. I think we losing both starting corners hurt more than anyone expected.

Let's take a look at ISU losses.
Iowa, - 2 TO margin and multiple drives stopped in Iowa Territory
Baylor, ISU did not score in the first 3 quarters
OSU, 3 ints 4th qtr while defense gave up 3 points in the 2nd half. The offense gave up more points than the defense in the 2nd half!
OU, gave up a lot of points but it is OU
KSU, offense was beyond awful.
Bonus below!
vs. UNI the offense was terrible and offense vs. Texas disappeared for a good chunk of the game.

Feel free to blame the season on the defense though.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
OSU, 3 ints 4th qtr while defense gave up 3 points in the 2nd half. The offense gave up more points than the defense in the 2nd half!
Bonus below!
vs. UNI the offense was terrible and offense vs. Texas disappeared for a good chunk of the game.

The defense was better than the offense, that's true, but the defense isn't without fault too.

There were 40 mph winds last night, and everyone who could check a forecast knew it was going to be that way. Yet, KSU comes in and runs it 49 times and passes it 12 times, and we still couldn't stop their run game. Everyone in the stadium knew KSU was going to run, run, run, and run again.... and yet we couln't stop it. That is getting your rear end handed to you folks.

• Disagree
Reactions: Icky_Mettle

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Playoff - OU
Sugar - Baylor
Alamo - Okie St (They will be ranked by the committee to boost OU resume)
Camping World - Texas vs. Notre Dame
Houston - ISU vs. A & M
Liberty - KSU

These are my thoughts as of right now. As always, things can change. I just don't see ISU getting sent to Memphis for the 3rd time in the last decade. I wonder if KSU and Texas could get switched? KSU and OSU could be moved around too. OSU will not be in Memphis this year since they played there last year.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Bonus below!

I could just as easily pull facts from the losses that showed how the defense lost us those games. Dropping two interceptions against Iowa that would have won us the game, allowing 3 48 + yard touchdowns against Oklahoma State and Oklahoma. Dropping key interceptions against Oklahoma. And last night allowing Kansas State to run down our throats. Hell, we allowed Kansas to also run down our throats.

Fact of the matter is both sides of the ball are to blame for the losses. however the offense was much better this year than I thought it would be while the defense was not as good as I thought it would be.

• Agree
Reactions: Bwalk and clonedude

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
you think our team’s performance deserves better? Not sure what makes it a joke. You lose 5 games, you get what you get.

Exactly, im not sure why everyone is so surprised. This isnt the BIG where 7-5 teams get to play in January.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I wonder, if it came down to it, Pollard would work a deal to accept the Phoenix bowl instead of a re-trip to the Liberty bowl.

I'm really hoping for the Texas bowl but I can't come up with a scenario where we go there and somebody else doesn't get screwed or fall further than they should. Fingers crossed.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I wonder, if it came down to it, Pollard would work a deal to accept the Phoenix bowl instead of a re-trip to the Liberty bowl.

I'm really hoping for the Texas bowl but I can't come up with a scenario where we go there and somebody else doesn't get screwed or fall further than they should. Fingers crossed.

The Liberty Bowl picks before the Cheez It Bowl though, so if the Liberty Bowl wants us, can JP turn them down? I'm not sure how that whole thing works?

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
The Liberty Bowl picks before the Cheez It Bowl though, so if the Liberty Bowl wants us, can JP turn them down? I'm not sure how that whole thing works?
I'm hoping JP has the gravitas to wheel n deal us out of a g5 match up.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Bonus below!

The defense was brutal at securing turnovers and get off the field on 3rd and long. Those are the facts.

The offense in 12 games scored 60 more points than last year's offense in 13 games.

Defense was severely lacking in making critical plays

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008

I'm hoping JP has the gravitas to wheel n deal us out of a g5 match up.

This is what I was getting at. I have no idea what rules JP has to follow but he's been a magician getting us into great bowl games-- usually above our conference standing. I just can't see him saying yes to Memphis again knowing how the fanbase would respond.

• Agree
Reactions: weR138 and cygrads