***Official FSU vs ISU Gameday Thread***

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
:shocked:

The ladies have an INCREDIBLE opportunity in front of them. Gotta win tonight, but it's hard not to be excited about the possibility of a title.

Go State! Beat FSU!

UCLA just beat Penn State and Texas if we are fortunate enough to win tonight they will a very tough match-up

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I'm nervous as ****. I'm confident we'll win, but I'm nervous as ****. I never followed volleyball until this year. I have classes with 2 of the volleyball players and another one is from my high school. That has gotten me to really appreciate this sport and this team.

Yeah, its pretty fun to watch. If i lived a bit closer to ames, i might have season tickets for volleyball. I never watched it before my junior or senior year at ISU, when CJL started here, and they had the idea to pay some of us band members to come play for VB games. Ive followed them casually ever since.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
FSU was 18-2 in there conference and lost just six overall. Impressive win over Kentucky in FSUs tourney in August.

Lost in three to Florida Gainsville shortly before we went down there and beat them.

List in five to UNI in a tourney in Delaware. We were swept at UNI.

Swept Miami at home like we did, but lost last match of season to them in Miami in four.

Other losses were to Pepperdine, Michigan, and Duke.

While undefeated at home they are 2-3 on neutral court counting last night's upset.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I'll admit I'm not a huge follower of volleyball, at least not until tourney time, but does anyone else have that nervousness feeling that you get before big time football or basketball games? I've been looking forward to this since we won last night and now after seeing Texas lose, I'm even more excited!

Yes. Wanting to be confident, but very, very nervous!

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
It would be cool if we could add another National Championship to our repertoire.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Let's go STATE!

Have my ESPNU cranked up, never watched a game of college volleyball before in my life. Quite possibly the biggest bandwagon fan action I've ever been part of.

Can WE win this tonight or what?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I'll admit I'm not a huge follower of volleyball, at least not until tourney time, but does anyone else have that nervousness feeling that you get before big time football or basketball games? I've been looking forward to this since we won last night and now after seeing Texas lose, I'm even more excited!

Yes. This is big time! It's had my attention all day long!

I'm having my first volleyball watch at my apartment tonight. :yes: