****Official Class of 2017 Recruiting Thread****

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Obviously it's pry a long shot that we land Obiagu, but the 2 most highly rated high school preps we've ever landed were Fizer and Craig Brackins.

The fact that he's outa Georgia pry doesn't help us, but it's not like we've landed many top ranked guys from the Midwest outa high school either. Matt Thomas is pry the most highly touted freshman we've brought in from the Midwest in a long time.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Per Jerry Meyer ISU offered David Sloan.
(Thought to be a L'ville lean)

Iowa State offers 2017 PG the day after he unofficially visits Louisville. *******/1Rnkr4X @CycloneAlert247

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Wonder if Prohm offered him at Murray State or if that offer came after he was here. I bet we have some type of relationship with him though.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
What all do we even have for scholarships right now?

1. Burton
2. Mitrou-Long
3. Thomas
4. Cooke
5. Jackson
6. Malou
7. Weiler-Babb
8. Carter
9. Ernst
10. Long
11. Young

12. (Morris)
13. (Lard)

...and that is assuming we take Ashton off scholarship.

I guess that means either
(a) Monte is gone for sure, sad face
(b) Lard isn't happening for somebody like Kostas Antetokounmpo instead
(c) somebody (and Ernst is the obvious one above) is getting railroaded

I guess that does mean four for 2017, though, however. Big class.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
Draft express is a much better mock draft site than nbadraft.net
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2016/

How many games does the Ukranian kid at KU have to play before "the light goes on"? I know he's really young, but he's usually one of the worst players on the court during KU games.

Also wouldn't touch Ulis. He's a nice player on the college level, but he's more of a media creation at this point.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Per Jerry Meyer ISU offered David Sloan.
(Thought to be a L'ville lean)

Iowa State offers 2017 PG the day after he unofficially visits Louisville. *******/1Rnkr4X @CycloneAlert247

Need Louisville to get hammered by the NCAA but won't get hopes up on that happening.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
How many games does the Ukranian kid at KU have to play before "the light goes on"? I know he's really young, but he's usually one of the worst players on the court during KU games.

Also wouldn't touch Ulis. He's a nice player on the college level, but he's more of a media creation at this point.

Svi will need roughly 1,000,000 games before he's not awful. I love the narrative that he's got a lot of potential that is brought up every time he plays 6 minutes and then gets benched.

josh4cyclones

Sep 25, 2012
I have said it a lot Monte isn't ready for the NBA! He will be back, unless he wants to be overseas! I think Ernst will be asked to look elsewhere. We keep Carter bc of his raw athletic ability and Ashton gets taken off scholarship. Where I think he is prepared to do if so. Bc we along with staff no their is a need for a talented grad transfer big. Lastly, the yr 2017 will be a huge for top recruits for the program, just have a good feeling.

josh4cyclones

Sep 25, 2012
Oh and Ellis is on that list bc of the name he has across his chest that is all. Niang is a million times better. Look out I said first on here Niang will be drafted by The Mayor.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I have said it a lot Monte isn't ready for the NBA! He will be back, unless he wants to be overseas! I think Ernst will be asked to look elsewhere. We keep Carter bc of his raw athletic ability and Ashton gets taken off scholarship. Where I think he is prepared to do if so. Bc we along with staff no their is a need for a talented grad transfer big. Lastly, the yr 2017 will be a huge for top recruits for the program, just have a good feeling.

Ernst is not going to be shown the door after a season where he redshirts due to medical reasons. Even though he may not have the high ceiling that Carter has, he looked as good or better this year. It sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders and is more than happy to put in the effort to build his body.

He will get at least one more year to make a difference.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
What all do we even have for scholarships right now?

1. Burton
2. Mitrou-Long
3. Thomas
4. Cooke
5. Jackson
6. Malou
7. Weiler-Babb
8. Carter
9. Ernst
10. Long
11. Young

12. (Morris)
13. (Lard)

...and that is assuming we take Ashton off scholarship.

I guess that means either
(a) Monte is gone for sure, sad face
(b) Lard isn't happening for somebody like Kostas Antetokounmpo instead
(c) somebody (and Ernst is the obvious one above) is getting railroaded

I guess that does mean four for 2017, though, however. Big class.
Imo, no, Ernst is not the obvious one.

The only thing obvious IMO is that between all the different ways we could have room, we will. My guess is Monte leaves AND one guy does make it due to ISU.

Hopefully Morris stays though and we can find an Big 12 ready transfer big man.