***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Jefferson will be a cyclone, we should hear this week. William Kyle will not be a cyclone, although he wanted to be. And we may get a player back who entered the portal, but had second thoughts. And no it’s not Omaha.
I’d be happy with Fish or Hamilton (or Omaha but sounds like it’s not him) coming back for that 13th scholarship and continued development

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Jefferson will be a cyclone, we should hear this week. William Kyle will not be a cyclone, although he wanted to be. And we may get a player back who entered the portal, but had second thoughts. And no it’s not Omaha.
So staff preferred Jefferson to Kyle? Im guessing maybe not apples to apples comparison. Maybe Jefferson at a requested $100,000 was a take over Kyle at a requested $300,000.

• Creative
Reactions: MyNameEhJeff

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
So staff preferred Jefferson to Kyle? Im guessing maybe not apples to apples comparison. Maybe Jefferson at a requested $100,000 was a take over Kyle at a requested $300,000.
I think the staff prefers Jefferson due to his skill set as a natural PF in ISU system next to Jackson.
Who knows what the NIL expectations were but since both were set to visit the staff must have been comfortable with each's ask.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Does Jefferson have more eligibilty than Kyle? I am not sure. Just throwing out a guess. Who would we want back that entered the portal? Maybe Fish?
Both are true sophomores. I would guess (I don't know anything) that it's a skillset thing. What it tells me is that they are looking for minutes at the '4' and not the '5', as Jefferson is a "pure 4" and Kyle is more of a Hason Ward-style 5. So I think it would say that they are happy with Jackson/Rock/Chatfield at the '5'

Or maybe they are prioritizing FT shooting %, lol

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Both are true sophomores. I would guess (I don't know anything) that it's a skillset thing. What it tells me is that they are looking for minutes at the '4' and not the '5', as Jefferson is a "pure 4" and Kyle is more of a Hason Ward-style 5. So I think it would say that they are happy with Jackson/Rock/Chatfield at the '5'

Or maybe they are prioritizing FT shooting %, lol
Yea, Jefferson and Kyle seem similar height/build.

Kyle seems like a more efficient 2 pt shooter and believe he is a better shot blocker. But Jefferson might be more attractive because as a soph he was a Tre King level 3 pt shot.

There will be some serious competition for minutes.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Wisconsin seems to be doing well in portal…… they lost a number to the portal but have gained a couple good ones. Now, appear to be in pursuit of Tyrese Hunter
Badger fans I’ve talked to think the portal has killed them this year with loss of Storr, Hepburn, and Essegian. I haven’t seen who they’ve added.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum