***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I feel like Hamilton was redshirted because of Lipsey, Gilbert, Jones and Paveletzke being ahead of him in fall camp. Not who we were recruiting in future classes.

We saw how little Paveletzke played as our 4th guard. Why use up a season of Hamilton's eligibility by playing even fewer minutes than Paveletzke?

If Hamilton is going to play major minutes, he's probably looking at his redshirt sophomore season. But being an impact player for 3 years is nothing to dismiss. But we'll probably find out in the next couple weeks if any current roster players have been nudged out.
I'm not saying that's why he redshirted, I'm saying we've added 3 big guards in the last to classes since he signed. At minimum that would be concerning for a guy that has yet to see the floor.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
OMG, I want this guy in Cyclone uniform.

I don’t know if we’re interested and I guessing his price is going to be high. He earned himself money on Thursday

But Jackson and Kyle replacing Rob and Ward would be about as close to running this year back as you can get. Watson and Milian taking the King role of undersized 4.

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
Agree. Ward 2.0 as a finisher and big that can cover a lot of ground

Advertised 44 vertical and 7’2” wingspan

Second in the nation in dunks (behind Eddy)

Impressive athlete on tape. He had a very quiet 14 and 7 against us and didn't really stand out much IMO. Our game is just one data point, but I wonder if he can hang at the power 6 level?

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
I agreed with the thought just because we haven’t heard a word about him. I know it’s not the offseason yet, but haven’t heard anything about how he’s progressing, etc. and we’ve heard much much more about Rock.
This is sarcasm, right? Have absolutely heard nothing about how Rock is looking. I think it's been asked at least 10 times in different threads and there's never been a response.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
I have a raging cloner right now over the thought of landing this dude.
200w.gif

Cytown12

Mar 11, 2012
Des Moines,IA
I'm not saying that's why he redshirted, I'm saying we've added 3 big guards in the last to classes since he signed. At minimum that would be concerning for a guy that has yet to see the floor.
Pretty sure all of them were signed more for when Lipsey, Gilbert, and Jones all gone in two years.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Calm down. It's not unreasonable or beyond the pale to be asked to back up your opinions on this board, as long as it's done in a civil and respectful fashion, which I think Pride did. No need to be as defensive as you were.
Tell ya what how bout I just treat this like a message board and post my thought? Really not sure why you felt that post required that response. I'm just here to share opinions with fellow fans. But I guess if that offended someone there's alway the ignore option.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
IMO TJ is signing guards is to replace current starters. The staff has gotten to the point after 3 years where we are adding players to reload vs. rebuild.

Pierce and Indrusaitis are touted players, but IMO Indrusaitis & Pierce were recruited to fill 2025/26 needs once Gilbert and Jones graduate. Likewise Macari Moore is Lipsey's replacement.

Hamilton filled a guard scholarship need with Holmes and Kalscheur graduating. But based on TJ adding Gilbert, Jones and Paveltzke last spring, he never intended for Hamilton to have a role on this year's team.

Plus, we could be seeing a Kyle Green influence. It has been very common for UNI to redshirt freshman guards. Knowing some kids will naturally have their biggest impact as 5th year players.

We'll find out pretty quickly if TJ feels he has recruited over existing roster players.

Reactions: t-noah and Cyclad

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Impressive athlete on tape. He had a very quiet 14 and 7 against us and didn't really stand out much IMO. Our game is just one data point, but I wonder if he can hang at the power 6 level?
Always TBD, but isn’t a quiet 14 and 7 how Rob and Ward operate for us?

This is subjective, but I didn’t think it was that quiet considering after/during the game, talk of Kyle transfer prospects was in most of the transfer threads I follow.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Yeah, we should have 4 guys at every position. Seriously, do you even believe what you're posting?
But we don't have 4 guys at one position. Hamilton and the recent recruits will fill minutes at 3 positions.

No different than TJ playing Lipsey, Gilbert and Jones all over 30mpg this season.

Recruiting is a numbers game. So if TJ recruits 6 guards, he's hoping 3 can play major minutes. To say those 3 are Moore, Pierce and Indusaitis and NOT Hamilton is jumping to a wrong conclusion. Unless you have an inside source.

ChickenNuggetMan

Drinks beer with CycloneLarry69
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2017
Minneapolis
This is sarcasm, right? Have absolutely heard nothing about how Rock is looking. I think it's been asked at least 10 times in different threads and there's never been a response.
I guess that’s what I was referring to, it’s been asked about 0 times for Hamilton.

Sorry for the confusion though, I agree that’s not the same as the staff actually saying something.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
If we want to be a consistent top 10 program kids are going to get recruited over. Its that simple.
Honestly it will likely be two guys per spot with a possible transfer to beat out before you hit the rotation. Unless you are in the rotation from day one the odds are against you. Bigs excluded of course. But we've hit the big time.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron