***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

Jkclone15

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 19, 2017
Not saying we should take a look. However, i will be insterested to see how he ends up doing at a P5 now that he is not under Prohm
Wasn't paying the closest of attention to that team for obvious reasons, but didn't he show flashes here as well? That was a terrible team and he was forced to play as a true freshman, so it's no surprise there were struggles but I think a lot of posters were sorry to see him go.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Wasn't paying the closest of attention to that team for obvious reasons, but didn't he show flashes here as well? That was a terrible team and he was forced to play as a true freshman, so it's no surprise there were struggles but I think a lot of posters were sorry to see him go.
He definitely looked like he had some potential at this level.

• Agree
Reactions: NENick

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
He wouldn't work here.

He's lazy. He's a head case. He checks out mentally all the time. He's soft.
I brought him up after seeing him in the MVC tournament and respect your perspective.

Using him as an example, I wonder if TJ would consider a talented player, under the right conditions, thinking that the Cyclone culture would make a difference in the player. Or is there too much risk that the player will negatively impact the culture?

Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I brought him up after seeing him in the MVC tournament and respect your perspective.

Using him as an example, I wonder if TJ would consider a talented player, under the right conditions, thinking that the Cyclone culture would make a difference in the player. Or is there too much risk that the player will negatively impact the culture?

Some are obvious......but there are no guarantee's everyone will work in the locker room. GMAC had quite a few, Fred had Bryce D Jones......Prohm his last good team where THT couldn't get along with anyone especially Lindell W. And I'm sure the Grill debacle last year didn't help anything.

Sometimes things all work great (this year)......others not so much.

Reactions: NENick

CyCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2014
West Des Moines
A team that underachieved for two years needs a reset. There was no need to try to run it back with the same group again. Build around Born, Anderson and Hutson and see what kind of roster you can put together.

Heise almost left last year and he's going to get paid. Henry wants to play. Ege is going back home to Turkey. Duax needs to transfer down.
What will be Wolf’s excuse?

• Winner
Reactions: CyPunch

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I do not think we could remotely come up with $500K for one basketball player.
I think we could, but I don't think we will (play on words lol). That's not our setup, and honestly, I don't want it to be our setup. If it takes money to get you here, you're not right for the culture. I'd rather take that $500k and divide among the guys that are staying.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I think we could, but I don't think we will (play on words lol). That's not our setup, and honestly, I don't want it to be our setup. If it takes money to get you here, you're not right for the culture. I'd rather take that $500k and divide among the guys that are staying.
I think TJ is looking for the $500k guy that will take $150k to be in an ideal situation/ opportunity.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron