***Official 2023 Weather Thread***

FLYINGCYCLONE

Aug 27, 2022
LuVerne Iowa
Radar shows it is raining here. I go outside to find a new kind of rain. You don’t get wet when it is raining. Now computer generated rain totals will show I got an inch of rain.

• Haha
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
Radar shows it is raining here. I go outside to find a new kind of rain. You don’t get wet when it is raining. Now computer generated rain totals will show I got an inch of rain.
My weather app on my iPhone has been abysmal lately. It'll show rain in the forecast all day with a clear radar. Last night it would toggle between rain and no rain between 7-9pm.

• Winner
Reactions: mynameisjonas

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
My weather app on my iPhone has been abysmal lately. It'll show rain in the forecast all day with a clear radar. Last night it would toggle between rain and no rain between 7-9pm.

nws.noaa.gov

Just create a chiclet for that site and delete the iPhone weather app.

Reactions: wxman1

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Ended up with .95 of rain yesterday good rain I'll take it. My folks ended up with .55 about 5 miles away.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Ended up with .95 of rain yesterday good rain I'll take it. My folks ended up with .55 about 5 miles away.

My hood actually got some real rain the other night. Was lucky, MSP station only recorded .03" and Crystal Airport station, just north of me, only .18".

Reactions: NWICY

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
It is dry. Low well levels is making it difficult to keep the pressure up in the regional water system. Low pressure = boil advisory and use restrictions.

Update: Bottom line is, we all need to keep using less water. We are still under a boil advisory and level yellow mandatory conservation. We were able to take our first round of tests to the lab today. We will take the second round tomorrow. We will then have to take a third round on Thursday. IF all of those pass, and we are able to keep the pressure up in every tower, then we will be able to lift the advisory. Therefore, we are looking at Friday at the earliest to lift the boil advisory. All towers continue to struggle and have gotten close to dropping below pressure again. If this happens, we will have to continue the boil advisory, and start over on our sample taking. Please call the office at 712-343-2413 if you have any questions. Again, this does not include Council Bluffs, Underwood, McClelland, Harlan or Weston.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: interrobang

interrobang

Oct 9, 2017
Ankeny
It is dry. Low well levels is making it difficult to keep the pressure up in the regional water system. Low pressure = boil advisory and use restrictions.

Update: Bottom line is, we all need to keep using less water. We are still under a boil advisory and level yellow mandatory conservation. We were able to take our first round of tests to the lab today. We will take the second round tomorrow. We will then have to take a third round on Thursday. IF all of those pass, and we are able to keep the pressure up in every tower, then we will be able to lift the advisory. Therefore, we are looking at Friday at the earliest to lift the boil advisory. All towers continue to struggle and have gotten close to dropping below pressure again. If this happens, we will have to continue the boil advisory, and start over on our sample taking. Please call the office at 712-343-2413 if you have any questions. Again, this does not include Council Bluffs, Underwood, McClelland, Harlan or Weston.
Right in the area I grew up in. Will have to make sure my parents see this though.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Omaha recorded the driest May ever on record .17 of an inch. Crops at standstill, with some planted on cover crops not germinating. Tile lines haven’t ran since early March.

• Sad
  • Informative
Reactions: NWICY and 2020cy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron