***Official 2022 Weather Thread***

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Oh yay.

This warm weather is going to melt a lot of snow, and a lot of it on the road where the plows haven't touched.

Until it drops to below freezing quickly overnight, making my drive in to work no fun.

I’m irritated they haven’t scrapped some of the roads further yesterday and today. They’ll be bad tomorrow.

Reactions: exCYtable

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I’m irritated they haven’t scrapped some of the roads further yesterday and today. They’ll be bad tomorrow.

Also realized I have several hills I have to deal with on my route in to work. They better be sanding and salting the heck out of them. I'm trying to think of others way in to avoid that.

I've got nothing.

Trigger

Dec 30, 2011
Those old Snapper products are bulletproof.

My neighbor still has one of those old Forrest Gump style riders and that damn thing fires off on the first pull and cuts great. Says the only thing he's done is change the oil and sharpen blades every 4 or 5 years and has had to replace blades once.
This is the truth. I change the oil and spark plug every third year. Maybe around 10 years ago I had the carb rebuilt at Bruce Engine.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Also realized I have several hills I have to deal with on my route in to work. They better be sanding and salting the heck out of them. I'm trying to think of others way in to avoid that.

I've got nothing.

I have no idea where you are but I was shocked at how much snow there was still on 50th in west Des Moines yesterday.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I saw a car spun out by Dowling on 235 at about 845 this morning. Car had spun on the hill Saw another car hit the exit ramp at 7th. It was slippery.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

The effort in WDM has been really bad to say the least.

Reactions: Jer

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

I've got nothing.

Go downhill on the way there and uphill on the way home. Will have the sanders out by then. You’re welcome.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I bought a 2 stage Snapper back in 1995 when we bought our 1st house. It has shear pins but I have never once had to replace one. I kind of want this thing to die so I can get one of the newer ones with heated grips. It has started every year on no more than the 3rd pull. I am pretty sure it will outlive me.
A 2 stage Snapper huh?

Reactions: Trigger

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron