***Official 2022 Transfer Thread***

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Iowa State legacy, that hurts our chances of getting Basile imo.

I think they fill 2 different needs.

Basile is a replacement for Conditt
Carlson would be replacement for Kunc or Enaruna. Since Carlson has 3 years left, if TJ is taking the long view, Carlson might make sense. Especially if we have 4 or more scholarship open this spring.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa

Carlson would be replacement for Kunc or Enaruna. Since Carlson has 3 years left, if TJ is taking the long view, Carlson might make sense. Especially if we have 4 or more scholarship open this spring.

Carlson is not good. No idea why we would want him. He can’t shoot and didn’t get playing time on a team worse than ours

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

And Tre King?

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Carlson is not good. No idea why we would want him. He can’t shoot and didn’t get playing time on a team worse than ours

I believe he has struggled with injuries his first 2 years at Wisconsin. I believe back injury. But you are right his college stats aren't impressive and maybe he should look at non-P6.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
No interest in the Thomas kid from Colorado State? Have seen a list on him but no mention of ISU. Would think our assistant might know a lot about him. 6'8" forward can shoot the '3'.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I think Huggy's cachet isn't as strong as it used to be. Without it, he's just a grump at best, and an ***hole. It's got to be tough to play for him even when they're winning, but if you're losing... I can see why players might not want to stick around
This is true but he'd probably be my first choice if the question is, "Which college basketball coach would you most like to have a beer with?"

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
This is true but he'd probably be my first choice if the question is, "Which college basketball coach would you most like to have a beer with?"
One beer? Maybe. 2 or more? I'm guessing that could get pretty dark and cringeworthy pretty quickly. One minute you're ordering your third round. The next, Huggy's got you penned in the corner of the bar, telling you what's wrong with America, and muttering about the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald being an inside job.

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Musselman has more to do with their success than NIL money. He has NBA ties, similar to how Fred got players here, and had been to 2 straight Elite 8s. That will help recruiting more than the Walton family.

Musselman's a perfect fit in today's college hoops landscape. He isn't exactly young, but he's definitely a players coach and knows how to work the portal better than anyone. The NBA ties are another huge plus.

I wasn't completely sold on TJ last Spring but things I did like were fit, a reputation as a players coach, and a strong recruiting background. It used to be said that recruiting was half the battle in college athletics. It's probably fair to say now that recruiting and team culture are more than half the battle in today's game.