NBA: ***Official 2019 NBA Playoffs Thread***

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I almost hope Kawai goes to the Lakers. If they win then that's what they're supposed to do, but if they lose it will be glorious.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I can't believe any non Laker fan would want to see Kawhi go there. We've already seen that movie twice, we know how it plays out. Beside, IMO Lebron is much more fun to watch in the underdog role.

The league has a chance to be as balanced as its been in a long time, especially if Kawhi stayed in Toronto but essentially if he goes anywhere but the Lakers. There would legitimately be 4 or 5 teams that could win the championship. We haven't seen that type of balance in the league in over a decade, maybe more, for sure since Lebron took his talents to South Beach.

• Agree
Reactions: awd4cy

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I can't believe any non Laker fan would want to see Kawhi go there. We've already seen that movie twice, we know how it plays out. Beside, IMO Lebron is much more fun to watch in the underdog role.

The league has a chance to be as balanced as its been in a long time, especially if Kawhi stayed in Toronto but essentially if he goes anywhere but the Lakers. There would legitimately be 4 or 5 teams that could win the championship. We haven't seen that type of balance in the league in over a decade, maybe more, for sure since Lebron took his talents to South Beach.
Yep, Kawhi going to the Lakers would be awful for the league. If Kawhi goes to the Clippers, league would have more balance and the LA rivalry would be epic.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Imagine picking the Clippers over the Lakers when both teams have cap space.

I just don’t think Kawhi or KD pick the Clippers. My guess is it’s Lakers or Raptors for Kawhi and Warriors or Nets for KD.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I'm happy gambling is becoming legal in Iowa. Warriors odds to win it all are going to be low compared to some other teams. Klay comes back late in the year, it would not be crazy if they won it. I might have to throw a few bucks down on them.

Reactions: heitclone

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I'm happy gambling is becoming legal in Iowa. Warriors odds to win it all are going to be low compared to some other teams. Klay comes back late in the year, it would not be crazy if they won it. I might have to throw a few bucks down on them.
ACL tears are no joke...even if him and KD stay and come back I wouldn't be confident of picking the Warriors.

If KD comes back towards the end of the season from his achilles I don't think he'll be at 100%. If I was him I'd only go to a team that guarantees that he gets a redshirt year to heal then come back the year after. Same with Klay.

The Raptors (Kawhi is back), Bucks, Rockets (if they don't blow up their team), and Lakers would be my top 4. Philly could be in play if they keep Butler.

Last edited:

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
curious what the Lakers plan is with THT...they traded 3 young players for cap space.

If they go after a Kyrie or Kawhi then they won't have much cap room to do anything else. THT will likely be thrown into a lot of playing time.

If they split the money out to role players, then his time will decrease.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
ACL tears are no joke...even if him and KD stay and come back I wouldn't be confident of picking the Warriors.

If KD comes back towards the end of the season from his achilles I don't think he'll be at 100%. If I was him I'd only go to a team that guarantees that he gets a redshirt year to heal then come back the year after. Same with Klay.

The Raptors (Kawhii is back), Bucks, Rockets (if they don't blow up their team), and Lakers would be my top 4. Philly could be in play if they keep Butler.
I'm not expecting KD to be back, but the Warriors are still amazing with Steph and Klay (if he gets healthy). I'm not sure they'll win it, but depending on the odds, they could be a really good value pick.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron