***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
alright, i dont want this thread to turn into a what school / conference isnt a mid major vs high major

my point was rather that Harris is probably one of they better kids in the transfer 2020 cycle thats going to play the "run off" card

WVU doesnt care to admit they ran off some 3 ppg player that ended at EKU. Is Penny going to willingly sign off on agreeing he ran off a 10 ppg local kid?
I think penny replacrd him with better players so probably

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
But I do! :D

High-Major
---
ACC
Big 12
Big East
Big Ten
Pac-12
SEC

Mid-Major
---
A-10
American
Missouri Valley
Mountain West
WCC*

At least, that is what I generally assume.

*Yes, I know that conference is really unbalanced between three good programs in Gonzaga, BYU, St. Mary's, and a lot of trash, so team quality in there is very... bimodal... but I think those three warrant its inclusion. It is probably the weakest of the above.
I have a hard time agreeing that the American, mountain west and wcc are in the same category as the MVC. They get a lot more national exposure than the MVC at least

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I have a hard time agreeing that the American, mountain west and wcc are in the same category as the MVC. They get a lot more national exposure than the MVC at least

You are probably right as a count of eyeballs, but I was speaking about the quality of the product on the court relative to peer (or near-peer) conferences.

By the way -- I just notice that A.J. Green won CPOTY (as a sophomore). He would have looked nice in cardinal and gold, but glad he is doing well in Cedar Falls.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
im not disagreeing he was run off, i just question whether penny is going to admit to that given hes already got NCAA eyes on him

is running off a kid illegal? no i dont think so. Does the ncaa like it? probably not
He's going to help a local kid as much as he can.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
You're not wrong. I would still throw an offer out to Carte'Are Gordon as a mid season guy. We need someone to replace Solo next year and Carter is very talented. If he is to much of a head case send him packing after this year.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
There will be basketball. Maybe one with no fans, but there will be basketball.

It is easier to imagine a season happening for basketball than for football.

It is later in the year. The programs/teams are smaller and easier to control. You can more readily isolate that than you can a whole football program.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It is easier to imagine a season happening for basketball than for football.

It is later in the year. The programs/teams are smaller and easier to control. You can more readily isolate that than you can a whole football program.
Yep I would agree.

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
why is it that everyone is posting every transfer that is getting a waiver? lol. These things are irrelevant to Hinson and Harris.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron