***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Stereotype

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2017
Wasn’t Weiler-Babb a SG out of HS and at Arkansas? He transitioned to PG pretty well.

Of course Memphis fans are going to say he’s a SG when that’s what he played there.

Weiler-Babb developed in to a solid pg. Prohm has his work cut out for him with Harris but if there’s any coach in the conference who could turn that kid into a Big 12 level 1 guard its Steve.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Best graduate transfers remaining...

upload_2020-6-27_21-41-50.png

I will couch this with that I have no information besides the above.

Carbone in theory fits a need... decent PRPG! number, high assist %, though also a high turnover %, and he shot 43.1% from three at good volumne.

UNH is in the America East, though, which is not a good conference.

Best sit-out guys (without a waiver)...

upload_2020-6-27_21-43-33.png

I think somebody above mentioned the Davidson kid coming online. He looks like he could turn into a nice 2-3 guard-wing at a high-major level.

Cam Mack is a really good player. That assist % is juicy. I know things ended badly for him in Lincoln, though, so I can see the hesitation from teams.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
This has gotten some national press run so I am fairly confident that Hinson will get a waiver due to the publicity.

edit: But I am just a fan with no knowledge so I should state, I am fairly hopeful that he will get a waiver due to the publicity.
He definitely will get that waiver with everything going on with the flag of losers and participation trophy statues coming down everywhere.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
He definitely will get that waiver with everything going on with the flag of losers and participation trophy statues coming down everywhere.

One would think the recent focus on BLM would make not playing for a state w/ the confederate flag a compelling case for a waiver to the NCAA... but I still won't predict what the NCAA will rule from case to case. Far from definite, but like Hinson's chance more than a week ago.

I'm curious if the Miss senate voting to remove the confederate marking from the flag today would come into play. Likely good timing that Blake announced his transfer prior to the change but doesn't help the argument since will be off the flag soon..

ChickenNuggetMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2017
Minneapolis
One would think the recent focus on BLM would make not playing for a state w/ the confederate flag a compelling case for a waiver to the NCAA... but I still won't predict what the NCAA will rule from case to case. Far from definite, but like Hinson's chance more than a week ago.

I'm curious if the Miss senate voting to remove the confederate marking from the flag today would come into play. Likely good timing that Blake announced his transfer prior to the change but doesn't help the argument since will be off the flag soon..

Was thinking that same thing. I could definitely see the NCAA saying “It’s already off the flag, no waiver for you.”

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Was thinking that same thing. I could definitely see the NCAA saying “It’s already off the flag, no waiver for you.”
I think being that Blake transferred and gave his statement why before the MSU running back pushed for this change is a good thing. I think the NCAA would see Blake's case much differently. Blake didn't know the flag would be changed.

Last edited:

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I think the NCAA would be foolish to deny him and in this climate in America, they won't decline him. I don't think they are that big of morons. I know they look the other way when Kansas pays people but they don't want a mess like this on their hands.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
My faith in the NCAA is so little that I'm still far from for-sure confident this solidifies he gets granted a waiver, but I'd definitely say it improved his chances from whatever they were prior to the article and national publicity. Sure didn't hurt him.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
My parents had a raccoon that got trapped in their garage. It tore up the wooden frame of the door and walls like it had a hammer and chisel with it's bare hands and teeth trying to get out. I would say that trapped raccoon's actions were slightly less predictable than trying to figure out what the NCAA is going to do.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
My parents had a raccoon that got trapped in their garage. It tore up the wooden frame of the door and walls like it had a hammer and chisel with it's bare hands and teeth trying to get out. I would say that trapped raccoon's actions were slightly less predictable than trying to figure out what the NCAA is going to do.

I could have told you at the point of your story that you had accidentally trapped a raccoon in the garage that it was going to raise hell and wreck things.

That is way more predictable than the NCAA waiver process.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
I think the NCAA would be foolish to deny him and in this climate in America, they won't decline him. I don't think they are that big of morons. I know they look the other way when Kansas pays people but they don't want a mess like this on their hands.

In fairness, the NCAA, like the UofIowa Athletic Department, has a proudly defiant history of foolish decisions and bad PR.

Reactions: Drew0311

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
I could have told you at the point of your story that you had accidentally trapped a raccoon in the garage that it was going to raise hell and wreck things.

That is way more predictable than the NCAA waiver process.
Yes, causing some damage but the extent of the damage was terrifying, I could have taken a claw hammer and 2 hours to the garage and not have cause the amount damage that angry critter did. I will not look at a raccoon the same after seeing the mess.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Yes, causing some damage but the extent of the damage was terrifying, I could have taken a claw hammer and 2 hours to the garage and not have cause the amount damage that angry critter did. I will not look at a raccoon the same after seeing the mess.

My dad used to feed cats outside, so that had the side effect of attracting lots of small and furry critters to eat their food in the evening and late at night.

He took to capturing them in a live trap before taking them outside of town, down by the river, and releasing them back out into the wild to roam free.

One time, he caught a raccoon, but the raccoon was just within arm's reach of a brand new blue tarp that we were using to cover up a woodpile to keep it dry.

When we woke up in the morning, the raccoon had tugged the whole 12' by 12' tarp into the cage with him... despite the holes in the cage being maybe 0.5" each... and he had chewed approximately a million holes in the tarp.

The cage and the tarp were so badly tangled up that it took two hours with a pair of clippers to cut it out... meanwhile the raccoon was still in there, mad as hell with his way out of the cage blocked by the tarp the whole time.

Had to do it wearing heavy leather gloves and a heavy coat while the little rascal was trying to bite and scratch and hissing when he was taking a break.

We eventually got the ruined tarp free and ditched the little sucker.

Pretty sure they are going to replace us as the dominant species on the planet. They are smart, aggressive, will eat anything, and have thumbs.

Mean little bastard.

Reactions: bosco