***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
We average 8k more fans per game than Baylor.

7k more than OSU.

8k more than TCU.

6k more than OU.

4K more than KSU.

4k more than WVU.

5k more than UT.

In this conference, our fans are vastly more rabid.

Problem with this is TV wants to sell the sizzle making half empty arenas look rapid. Kids don't know the difference between Ames and Ft. Worth.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Are some people really upset at the overall attitude of the fan base? I get that some people may be over the top negative but when your basketball program that has a rabid fan base (we have the second best fans in the conference, ask anyone) that went to 6 straight NCAA tournaments and was a perennial Top 25 team has a new coach come in, takes over a Top 5 team and plummets it into the ground - what are fans going to do? Things are more intense on CF obviously but we still had 12k+ at home games for a team that had its worst finish in 40 years. Most other fan bases would go into apathy-mode.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Are some people really upset at the overall attitude of the fan base? I get that some people may be over the top negative but when your basketball program that has a rabid fan base (we have the second best fans in the conference, ask anyone) that went to 6 straight NCAA tournaments and was a perennial Top 25 team has a new coach come in, takes over a Top 5 team and plummets it into the ground - what are fans going to do? Things are more intense on CF obviously but we still had 12k+ at home games for a team that had its worst finish in 40 years. Most other fan bases would go into apathy-mode.
It comes with the territory of 12-20. That’s tough to defend, so what else can they do but sidestep and deflect?

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
It comes with the territory of 12-20. That’s tough to defend, so what else can they do but sidestep and deflect?

What is there to defend? It was an awful year. No one was happy with it.

But the reality was that Steve Prohm was going to be the coach here next season, before all of this craziness started.

You can either choose to hope it gets better, or you can sit here and do what the same handful of people do. But nothing is going to change the fact that he’s going to be on the sidelines.

and if you are as old as you have intimated, you remember some of those bad teams that Johnny had. You remember a top 20 team going 13-15 the year after hornacek left. You remember the 7 game losing streak after getting to number 10. You remember the two years after Mack and Baugh left where they were 22-37.

Even with the bad, every bit as bad as this last year, the Hilton atmosphere was twice the building then as it is now.

Reactions: RivClone23 and Doc

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Friday early AM update:
PG Darious Perry (GT): Colorado, Georgia, ISU, Seton Hall, UCF, Virginia
PG Drew Buggs (GT):
CG AJ Walker (T-2):
SG Koreem Ozier (T-2): ISU, Butler, ECU, Sacred Heart, Cal St-Northride, New Mexico
SG Justin Kier (GT): ISU, George Mason, Butler, MS, Auburn, AR, GA, NC State, Gtown, MN

What Changed:
SF Jacob Toppin (T-3) commits to Kentucky. PG David DeJulius (T-2) commits to Cincinnati. PG DJ Carton (T-3) commits to Marquette. SG Justin Kier (GT) released a long list of ISU, George Mason, Butler, MS, Auburn, AR, GA, NC State, Gtown, MN. SG Koreem Ozier (T-2) top 6 ISU, Butler, ECU, Seton Hall, Cal St-Northride, New Mexico

Last edited:

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Friday early AM update:
PG Drew Buggs (GT):
CG AJ Walker (T-2):
SG Koreem Ozier (T-2): ISU, Butler, ECU, Seton Hall, Cal St-Northride, New Mexico
SG Justin Kier (GT): ISU, George Mason, Butler, MS, Auburn, AR, GA, NC State, Gtown, MN

What Changed:
SF Jacob Toppin (T-3) commits to Kentucky. PG David DeJulius (T-2) commits to Cincinnati. PG DJ Carton (T-3) commits to Marquette. SG Justin Kier (GT) released a long list of ISU, George Mason, Butler, MS, Auburn, AR, GA, NC State, Gtown, MN. SG Koreem Ozier (T-2) top 6 ISU, Butler, ECU, Seton Hall, Cal St-Northride, New Mexico
I’m pretty sure the SHU that Ozier is looking at is Sacred Heart and not Seton Hall

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA

Careful or you’ll get some dumb ratings when you try to be realistic.

I’ll still root like hell, go to a few games like I usually do, and donate but if you feel okay about the trajectory of this program....I’ll have some of what you are having.

I don’t understand why it’s not okay to be very concerned and speak about about those concerns.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Friday early AM update:
PG Drew Buggs (GT):
CG AJ Walker (T-2):
SG Koreem Ozier (T-2): ISU, Butler, ECU, Sacred Heart, Cal St-Northride, New Mexico

What Changed:

Thanks for keeping this going with the negative week CSP just had.

Btw. I am sure it'll be added to soon so settle in for the long hall.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Friday early AM update:
PG Drew Buggs (GT):
CG AJ Walker (T-2):

What Changed:

Perry, Walker, Kier.

Let’s go. 0-22 to 3-25

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Kier would be at least some experience and would likely be better than Griffin.
What is the latest on Perry? Any recent news tying him to ISU?

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017

I’ll still root like hell, go to a few games like I usually do, and donate but if you feel okay about the trajectory of this program....I’ll have some of what you are having.

I don’t understand why it’s not okay to be very concerned and speak about about those concerns.
Those dumb ratings have become more of a self label for the person issuing them. Total self own at this point. At first I was annoyed, but now I find myself chuckling. It's sort of perfect.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010

You have to look at who you’re dealing with. Anyone that chooses to attack the poster rather than refute your point isn’t worth your time, and is just confirming your position.

Things look bad. But you can go 1-50 in recruiting and still be very successful. I’m optimistic we’ll land at least one good player, although maybe not for next year. A lot of time left.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

If you don’t understand after it’s explained repeatedly, you probably never will