***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Prohm must be counting on the transfer rule change going through. Otherwise I'm surprised he would go after a transfer that has to redshirt. Looks like he would bring some much-needed physical presence to the guard position.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4396677/jamarius-burton

I'm incredibly intrigued with this guy. His size and style fits perfectly with how Prohm likes to run his PG's. He reminds me of Kane honestly. His shot is a little slow like Deandre's was, but it's effective, shooting 38% from 3 last year and 44% from two. He finishes at or above the rim almost every time and he's not scared of contact at all. I'll be really disappointed if we don't land him because I think he's a guy that could come in right away and give us a tremendous boost.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Weren't we like last place in both defensive metrics and FG %?

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Yeah, how many times do I have to post a breakdown of that?

I usually think we're an informed, intelligent fan base, but the yearning for shooting shooting shooting on here... when we were at least adequate there last year, compared to defense, which was an absolute goat rodeo... is bizarre to me.
This is an insult to goat rodeos. I would actually watch a goat rodeo. I did not want to watch the 2019-20 ISU men's basketball team.

Reactions: JBone84

cdfree

Sep 5, 2011
Evanston, IL
Prohm is going to need a few miracles this spring.

Let's assume we lose 1 recruit, +2 transfer, and TH goes pro. That gives him 4 schollys to try to find players that can shoot, pass, defend, and/or rebound. They're not going to get any coaching in those areas, so they'll have to know how to do that stuff day 1.

Only cyclone fans think a 10 ppg transfer from troy is going to be a difference maker in the b12.

Looks like this guy was right on; in fact he might have underestimated. It wouldn't be surprising if anyone left transferred, including Solomon and Conditt. All of these guys have played enough basketball to know a good coach when they see one.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
And that's how he should be recruiting. No doubt Prohm wants to be good next year, but he also is trying to build for years to come. Solely taking immediate transfers may not work out because he'll then have to go and replace those guys again next year.

If someone else ends up leaving I believe we'll have three scholarships open. I would assume two of those would be used on immediately eligible guys, and one sit out. If we only end up having two open, I assume Prohm will do one of each.

IMO Prohm will have trouble bringing in sit out transfers because he is on the hot-seat, at least on this message board. Which a prospective recruit will read.

Prohm will go after transfers who will have a case to be immediately eligible, grad transfers and JUCO's.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Competition will be tough on this one, but ISU made the call.

@jakeweingarten Seton Hall, DePaul, Iowa State, Illinois, are the newest programs to reach out to Pittsburgh transfer Trey McGowens, a source told @Stockrisers.

Nearly 15 programs have already reached out an hour into him entering his name into the portal. Will grow.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

ruflosn

Dec 21, 2008
IMO Prohm will have trouble bringing in sit out transfers because he is on the hot-seat, at least on this message board. Which a prospective recruit will read.

Prohm will go after transfers who will have a case to be immediately eligible, grad transfers and JUCO's.
By the time that, the free agents will not have to sit out a year and it will be a free for all.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Competition will be tough on this one, but ISU made the call.

@jakeweingarten Seton Hall, DePaul, Iowa State, Illinois, are the newest programs to reach out to Pittsburgh transfer Trey McGowens, a source told @Stockrisers.

Nearly 15 programs have already reached out an hour into him entering his name into the portal. Will grow.
6'4 190 guard Pittsburgh sit one play 2
11.5 pts 3.5 ast 3 rebs 37% fg 31% 3s

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron