***Official 2017 Transfer Thread***

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Just so you know...Rooks is off the board to San Diego State, McIntosh is blocked from us, Thorpe has never once mentioned interest.

I totally forgot about Rooks to SD State, even though I read that less than two days ago. I'm not sure I knew about the McIntosh block, or had forgotten. I realize we hadn't been in the picture for Thorpe, he was more of a wildcard inclusion.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

Wonder if ISU staff has had any contact?

Numbers aren't great but has interest from some good programs (SCar, GT, LSU, Maryland, Ohio State)

6-5 200 lbs
6.7 ppg 2.2 rpg 1.2 apg 35% 3 pt shooter. Grad transfer with 2 years eligibility.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton

Wonder if ISU staff has had any contact?

Numbers aren't great but has interest from some good programs (SCar, GT, LSU, Maryland, Ohio State)

6-5 200 lbs
6.7 ppg 2.2 rpg 1.2 apg 35% 3 pt shooter. Grad transfer with 2 years eligibility.

With Shayok, not sure this guy is worth a scholarship for 3 years.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
2 years, plus he's eligible right away but yeah, Shayok and him play same position and I'd imagine Marial is much better.
I missed the grad transfer part, thought he was sit 1 play 2. That makes him a little more valuable.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
So Johnson just committed to N.Carolina. So much for blocking teams. If he was allowed to be unblocked and go to N.Carolina who plays Pitt in the same conference, its seems bogus to me that Ill. State's McIntosh was blocked from us, a team we may not even play, but if we did its in a meaningless early tournament.

• Agree
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
So Johnson just committed to N.Carolina. So much for blocking teams. If he was allowed to be unblocked and go to N.Carolina who plays Pitt in the same conference, its seems bogus to me that Ill. State's McIntosh was blocked from us, a team we may not even play, but if we did its in a meaningless early tournament.

I believe Kevin Stallings was an assistant to Roy at Kansas. Roy did a lot of campaigning to get this done.

arowl

Apr 18, 2017

McIntosh can come to Iowa State even if he's blocked; he would just have to sit out a year. It's the same case for Johnson at North Carolina, although it sounds like Johnson and UNC are going to fight the restriction and the 1-year sit-out, and Johnson has stated he may even consider legal options.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
McIntosh can come to Iowa State even if he's blocked; he would just have to sit out a year. It's the same case for Johnson at North Carolina, although it sounds like Johnson and UNC are going to fight the restriction and the 1-year sit-out, and Johnson has stated he may even consider legal options.

Not sure how a school could possibly win that one in court.

arowl

Apr 18, 2017
Not sure how a school could possibly win that one in court.

Well what I've read indicates that it likely won't get that far. Pittsburgh and Stallings have already lost in the court of public opinion. It's assumed that in the next couple of weeks, Pittsburgh will take back their restriction. If they don't, Johnson would pursue legal options at that time, not UNC. I'm assuming the athlete would have a much better chance of winning than the school.

But public opinion drives most of these types of situation. If McIntosh REALLY wanted to come to Iowa State and made a fuss about it, he'd probably be here.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Wonder if ISU has decided they're done on the transfer market this summer and is focusing on late HS additions?

I don't know but if they went after Brown you'd think there'd be interest in Lofton...decent list of schools after him. I know someone mentioned earlier that they were surprised there wasn't more interest in him.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I don't know but if they went after Brown you'd think there'd be interest in Lofton...decent list of schools after him. I know someone mentioned earlier that they were surprised there wasn't more interest in him.

Wherever he plays 2017-18 will be his 4th college. Maybe there's some character issues there Prohm doesn't want to deal with.

• Informative
Reactions: clonehenge

Cyke

Jun 22, 2011
Des Moines, IA
texaspan-american-broncs-guard-antonio-green-dribbles-down-the-court-picture-id634981810

Those uniforms... yikes.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
They've inquired. Southern Miss, Murray State, Middle Tennessee, UTM are all in the mix and close to home
That clarifies it a bit. I never said reading comprehension was my thing (or math or science or history or athletics or cooking or woodworking). I am pretty good at drinking beer, though.

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron