***Official 2015 Recruiting Thread***

khawk4

Jun 23, 2014
Trey did tweet that he would wager that Ozigbo played college ball in Iowa. Thinks it's between Iowa and ISU.

Yep, thats what its sounding like. When was the last time Iowa and ISU went head to head for an out of state recruit like this, who is a fairly sought after guy? I cant remember. then again, my memory kind of sucks haha

tgraham1984

Apr 1, 2014
[/B]
Yep, thats what its sounding like. When was the last time Iowa and ISU went head to head for an out of state recruit like this, who is a fairly sought after guy? I cant remember. then again, my memory kind of sucks haha

Should be intresting. The last guy I can think of is Terran Benton from Texas came down to Iowa and Isu. Have a pretty solid offer list.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
[/B]

Duck Hollis and DOnald Smith are the two most recent I can remember. We lost even though we won on both.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
ARob? If not him, maybe Hicks, though I don't recall if Hicks actually eclipsed the mark or just came close. If not Hicks, you'd have to be close to getting to the Davis brothers, wouldn't you?

Stevie ran for over 1000 in 2004.

khawk4

Jun 23, 2014
Stubbs McGillivray@RivalsStubbs · 4h Here is @TrulyDevine_22 exclusive 'no order' top 3. University of Iowa, Iowa State, and Boise State.

Yeah, saw that this morning. Should be a good battle. He seems to really like both of our schools. I havnt really read up on his recruitment with BSU. Could be one to watch out for, too.

TBT

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 27, 2014
WDM, IA
Yeah, saw that this morning. Should be a good battle. He seems to really like both of our schools. I havnt really read up on his recruitment with BSU. Could be one to watch out for, too.

Ozigbo hasn't visited BSU, so while it's high, I would almost consider BSU out. Right now, it's just a matter of preference.

He did favorite a tweet from Denver Johnson, a WR ISU offered, when he posted his de-commitment from Tulsa so take that for what it's worth.

thawks

Feb 9, 2014
From what I have read he really connected with your RB coach- same backround. Think he ends up at ISU.

khawk4

Jun 23, 2014
From what I have read he really connected with your RB coach- same backround. Think he ends up at ISU.

Agreed. Also, he recently broke down his final 3 and what I took from it was 1. ISU 2. Iowa. (distant) 3. BSU. He just seemed blown away from his ISU visit.... and I didnt think that was possible :wink:

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
Agreed. Also, he recently broke down his final 3 and what I took from it was 1. ISU 2. Iowa. (distant) 3. BSU. He just seemed blown away from his ISU visit.... and I didnt think that was possible :wink:
Honestly question though, what does Iowa have over ISU in terms of facilities? TODAY Jack Trice is not where Kinnick is, but the distance is very slim now with the renovations coming next offseason. Plus nothing against Iowa, but I almost fell asleep two years ago in the stands. In-game experience leaves something to be desired.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Honestly question though, what does Iowa have over ISU in terms of facilities? TODAY Jack Trice is not where Kinnick is, but the distance is very slim now with the renovations coming next offseason. Plus nothing against Iowa, but I almost fell asleep two years ago in the stands. In-game experience leaves something to be desired.

I actually think Kinnick is pretty cool and may be better than ISU in in game experience.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
After thinking about I think Ozigbo picks ISU. The staff told him they won't get any more RBs and that he can play as a freshman. Plus the fact he gets to play games where his family can come watch.
Iowa is pursuing multiple backs and in addition Markel Smith a recruit from last year is stating he will enroll in January. He wouldn't get to play near home and he would likely redshirt. So I'll go ahead and pick ISU.

cytown

Aug 8, 2012
Naperville, IL

Iowa is just wrapping up a 60 mil football facility. Can't imagine its any worse than ours - but its probably not that much better either.

Kinnick is better than JTS. We have better fans but lets be honest, JTS is a dump. The renovations will absolutely help. I'd guess Kinnick would still rate higher but it closes the gap. Our tailgaiting is much better, though.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron