Nick Caracci

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I just saw this on Twitter and thought it was terrible, yet great. Terrible that there is a person who is out there doing this, and great because social media used like this can be very beneficial.

The thread is very eye opening, and detailed, University of Iowa sent out a response to the tweet saying they were investigating it further and will update when the investigation is completed.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Who’s Nick Carracci?
University of Iowa student, apparently. Looks like he grew up right by my home town, too, I saw it on twitter twice once from a family friend that still lives in my childhood town, and one was liked by Aaron Marner. Maybe not worth a thread, but still thought it was serious enough to bring up.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
So did he do anything really bad or was he just sending the same message to a bunch of girls? I mean, it's really creepy and weird but if he's not showing up at apartments and stuff is there anything anyone can do about it?

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I'm confused. Did he do something more serious than send the same message to a bunch of different girls?

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
So did he do anything really bad or was he just sending the same message to a bunch of girls? I mean, it's really creepy and weird but if he's not showing up at apartments and stuff is there anything anyone can do about it?

I'm confused. Did he do something more serious than send the same message to a bunch of different girls?

which one of u is Nick?

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
which one of u is Nick?
I think it's weird and creepy as all get out. And I applaud the girls for exposing him on Twitter. But as far as legal recourse I don't know why the U of Iowa is getting involved unless I'm missing something

• Agree
Reactions: ajk4st8

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
My guess is that he is on the spectrum in some way, since he's extremely socially unaware of how to behave. He seems to have some sort of mental illness.

That being said, I did see one girl did accept to hang out with him her first day on campus when he introduced himself. She told the twitterverse that she asked to leave and he refused to let her leave until she had sex with him. Which is rape. Which should be reported to the cops, not the twitterverse.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Some girls in the Twitter thread have claimed sexual violence/ drunk assault type stuff

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
My guess is that he is on the spectrum in some way, since he's extremely socially unaware of how to behave. He seems to have some sort of mental illness.

That being said, I did see one girl did accept to hang out with him her first day on campus when he introduced himself. She told the twitterverse that she asked to leave and he refused to let her leave until she had sex with him. Which is rape. Which should be reported to the cops, not the twitterverse.

Guess I should have read a little further. The last bit...yah...not good.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I think it's weird and creepy as all get out. And I applaud the girls for exposing him on Twitter. But as far as legal recourse I don't know why the U of Iowa is getting involved unless I'm missing something
I mean it's harrassment constantly try to add people on multiple forms of social media after they've asked you not to.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
She told the twitterverse that she asked to leave and he refused to let her leave until she had sex with him. Which is rape. Which should be reported to the cops, not the twitterverse.

Indeed.

I have no idea where the idea that sexual assault, which is probably the second most heinous thing in our society, morality, and legal system after homicide, should be adjudicated by either non-legal institutions (e.g., private businesses, universities, both public and private, etc.) and then somehow on social media, of all places. How did that come about?

You should be hitting your phone app to dial 911, not opening up Twitter or Facebook.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
If you read the thread of some of the stories the girls are telling there is way more than just messaging. Stories of rape, stalking, forcing people to transfer schools, hitting on 11 year olds and saying "it doesn't matter, I'm in to kinky things" when learning her age from her sister, and so on and so on.

It sounds like he messaged thousands of girls, and did even more harassment to a fraction of that.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Guess I should have read a little further. The last bit...yah...not good.
That same girl ended up transfering from Iowa because he would show up at her dorm door unannounced and had a class with her where he would purposely find her and sit next to or behind her. To the point where she didn't want to show up anymore, and failed the class.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Indeed.

I have no idea where the idea that sexual assault, which is probably the second most heinous thing in our society, morality, and legal system after homicide, should be adjudicated by either non-legal institutions (e.g., private businesses, universities, both public and private, etc.) and then somehow on social media, of all places. How did that come about?

You should be hitting your phone app to dial 911, not opening up Twitter or Facebook.
My assumption, is the girl whos tweet went viral, had never had more contact with him than that. My guess is she got the message, showed her friends, and they stated they got something identical, and they thought they should put it out there that they caught the creep red handed. I doubt that she had any idea how serious his actions truly were.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
If you read the thread of some of the stories the girls are telling there is way more than just messaging. Stories of rape, stalking, forcing people to transfer schools, hitting on 11 year olds and saying "it doesn't matter, I'm in to kinky things" when learning her age from her sister, and so on and so on.

It sounds like he messaged thousands of girls, and did even more harassment to a fraction of that.

Oh. I guess I read for awhile and kept just seeing the same stuff so I quit.

Reactions: srjclone