NFC Championship: 49ers @ Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
I'd say this even if I wasn't a Brock Purdy fan: Josh Johnson is a terrible alternative.

He plays with zero urgency on those last few plays. If Purdy can't go I could see SF scoring zero points in this game.

That would be an interesting change in the narrative. If Purdy is just benefiting from the system and their offense gets shut down without him, what does that say? ( really only delusional haters are still on the "it's the system" train, though)

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
This is a very difficult bandwagon fan situation. Do you root for Josh Johnson success with hope Purdy could come back this game or Super Bowl if advance knowing it hurts Purdy narrative .
I mean, yes. Johnson isn’t starting a SB if the niners win this

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Only a 7 pt game.

BUT if Purdy doesn't come back in, I want Eagles to ******* dominate.

BUT I want Purdy to play and do ******* amazing and get me back to having to decide between my favorite NFL team or my favorite NFL player.
@Remo Gaggi You seriously "dumb" a post for me rooting for both Brock and my favorite team? I guess being a fan is dumb? That makes every post on here dumb.

You do realize there is a sad or disagree reaction, right?

• Agree
Reactions: cycophagus

Spam

May 21, 2008
This is a very difficult bandwagon fan situation. Do you root for Josh Johnson success with hope Purdy could come back this game or Super Bowl if advance knowing it hurts Purdy narrative .

You still root for the 49ers. And that means Johnson. If 49ers win, Purdy will still start the Superbowl if he's available.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
I bet the plan is to get to half, keeping the game as close as possible, and start Brock in the second.

…hopefully.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Only a 7 pt game.

BUT if Purdy doesn't come back in, I want Eagles to ******* dominate.

BUT I want Purdy to play and do ******* amazing and get me back to having to decide between my favorite NFL team or my favorite NFL player.

You cheer for the Cyclone 100%

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
The bad thing if he comes back with a bad elbow and has a bad game, the haters are gonna have a field day. And honestly, it might affect his career going forward too. I Know he wants to go back in, I just hope Brock takes everything into consideration if he comes back in. If he doesn’t come back in, he’s probably done enough to secure the job next year. He’s a competitor though, so I know he’s going to do everything he can to get back in.
They are probably going to have to try Purdy, but if he can't get it done they are not going to keep him out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.