Next James Bond after Daniel Craig?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I have mixed feelings about a woman playing Bond (although I'm totally open to the idea), but I am totally intrigued by the idea of Elba playing the role.

He's English for the accent and is even keeled from what I've seen which would make him a great candidate.

Not sure about this comedic timing but he made for some funny/awkward moments on The Office.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
He's English for the accent and is even keeled from what I've seen which would make him a great candidate.

Not sure about this comedic timing but he made for some funny/awkward moments on The Office.
He's pretty funny in some Netflix show where he is an edm dj. Can't remember the name

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
I have mixed feelings about a woman playing Bond (although I'm totally open to the idea), but I am totally intrigued by the idea of Elba playing the role.

I think having a woman would certainly be weird but all it takes is the right person for it and people will be all for it. Think someone like Uma Thurman in Kill Bill or Charlize Theron in Mad Max. Badass!

Elba seems to old at this point to play that type of role but I've wanted him for awhile.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
This next movie will be Daniel Craig's last. I've seen some rumors about Tom Hardy, but I'm not buying that. Any actors you'd like to see play Bond? Will they change it up and go with a woman?

I think one guy that would do great is Idris Elba, but is he too old?

Thoughts? Discuss...

Tom Hiddleston would be my pic and with a scar would pass well as Fleming’s Bond.

Cavill would be a backup

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Daniel Craig has been awesome. Right behind Sean Connery. Sucks he will not do more.
Agreed but he's been very public that he hasn't enjoyed the filming the last several movies. I'm surprised he even did this new one. Skyfall was was an amazing conclusion to the Judi Dench as M era and he commented how he was miserable all filming. Maybe he was posturing for more money but it just came off as him being petty. Regardless he has nailed every Bond role he was in.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Big name actors aren't going to want to follow Daniel Craig... However, I'd love it to be....

Richard Madden (Robb Stark from GoT) is #1 in my opinion. He basically did Bond in the Netflix show Bodyguard.
Bodyguard was a GREAT show.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan92