Which one do you want to see done next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I was thinking Smothers Brothers. And Burns and Allen
When Cheech & Chong was mention, I thought of The Smothers Brothers. And possibly Abbott and Costello. All "old-school."

I wonder if duos are more associated with film/radio/TV/sketch comedy than stand-up, although C&C started as on-stage and they've still had some recently in that format.

Key & Peele would be a modern one, but it's closer to the form of Monty Python / The Kids in the Hall / In Living Color

Garfunkel and Oates is a current one that seems more stand-up oriented.

Reactions: demoncore1031

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
When Cheech & Chong was mention, I thought of The Smothers Brothers. And possibly Abbott and Costello. All "old-school."

I wonder if duos are more associated with film/radio/TV/sketch comedy than stand-up, although C&C started as on-stage and they've still had some recently in that format.

Key & Peele would be a modern one, but it's closer to the form of Monty Python / The Kids in the Hall / In Living Color

Garfunkel and Oates is a current one that seems more stand-up oriented.
The Sklar Brothers and the Lucas Brothers are both solid stand-up duos.

Reactions: cyclones500

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Anybody want to change your vote to Sports Movies … at the moment one vote could determine the winner.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
If the category is stand-up, do Cheech and Chong even qualify? Did they tour together?

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
If the category is stand-up, do Cheech and Chong even qualify? Did they tour together?
For about a decade prior to "Up in Smoke," they did stand-up & released comedy albums (among other projects). I'd say it qualifies, even if it seems somewhat dwarfed by the movies.

(Edit/update - Whether the duo warrants selection to the field is separate matter.)

Last edited: