NEW Star Wars Teaser!!!!

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
110 reviews in and 97% on rotten tomatoes. I haven't read any, but looking at the summaries of reviews it looks like the biggest complaint is it is too nostalgia driven. That doesn't seem like much of a complaint to me.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
Friday, 10:30pm in DBQ, hoping not so many kids at that time. My gf just watched all 6 a few weeks and loved it which is awesome but her fav character is Jar-Jar, something to work on.

May the force be with you all!

LOL

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
110 reviews in and 97% on rotten tomatoes. I haven't read any, but looking at the summaries of reviews it looks like the biggest complaint is it is too nostalgia driven. That doesn't seem like much of a complaint to me.

No matter how good this movie ends up being, there will be people that pick it apart and ***** about every little thing. It's the internet way.

cdnlngld

Feb 24, 2012
Ames, IA
Reviews look great! I can't wait to take my kids and experience it through their eyes! I am supposing I will go to a second showing without the kids, so I can take it all in without the distraction of watching their faces.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
I saw a review summary written by Roger Moore of Movie Nation. "A glib fascimile."

Ok, first, this guy can't even spell. It's facsimile. And second, look at your own name! As a movie reviewer, with that name, are similarities and how one falls short of the original really the things that you should be calling something else out for?

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
Just bought my ticket to see this Friday night at 8. I'll be checking it out in Orange City, so I'd be surprised if I even needed to pre-order, but I couldn't wait!

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I broke down and read IGN's spoiler free review. One thing they did note is that the movie is more violent than the originals and has some blood. I didn't even realize it is pg-13. Not passing judgement on anyone taking kids, just something to keep in mind that it sounds like it's a little more intense than previous movies.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I broke down and read IGN's spoiler free review. One thing they did note is that the movie is more violent than the originals and has some blood. I didn't even realize it is pg-13. Not passing judgement on anyone taking kids, just something to keep in mind that it sounds like it's a little more intense than previous movies.

More intense than slaughtering younglings? Revenge of the Sith was PG-13

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
More intense than slaughtering younglings? Revenge of the Sith was PG-13

Younglings being killed was not graphic, but they did say more than the "pg" movies. Here's what they said:

"With those great action sequences comes a lot more violence than is seen in the previous PG-rated Star Wars films (Revenge of the Sith, the darkest Star Wars movie to date, was also rated PG-13). This isn't a movie to take a young child to, as there's a lot of blood and traumatic killing throughout the entire film. The Force Awakens' PG-13 rating gives it a lot of freedom with the various fight sequences, and the film also embraces more adult themes and issues."

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
Younglings being killed was not graphic, but they did say more than the "pg" movies. Here's what they said:

"With those great action sequences comes a lot more violence than is seen in the previous PG-rated Star Wars films (Revenge of the Sith, the darkest Star Wars movie to date, was also rated PG-13). This isn't a movie to take a young child to, as there's a lot of blood and traumatic killing throughout the entire film. The Force Awakens' PG-13 rating gives it a lot of freedom with the various fight sequences, and the film also embraces more adult themes and issues."

I struggle with this a lot now that I have young kids. I don't want them to see inappropriate stuff, or things that are too much for them. However, at the same time, as a kid that grew up in the 80's, there were a lot of movies that we saw as younger kids were more intense than a lot of stuff released today. I mean I saw Temple of Doom as a young kid and a guy's still beating heart got ripped out of his chest.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Sweet mercy, I just want tomorrow night to be here. I keep typing and deleting "Star Wars Spoilers" into my search bar...stay strong CyBy, stay strong.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I struggle with this a lot now that I have young kids. I don't want them to see inappropriate stuff, or things that are too much for them. However, at the same time, as a kid that grew up in the 80's, there were a lot of movies that we saw as younger kids were more intense than a lot of stuff released today. I mean I saw Temple of Doom as a young kid and a guy's still beating heart got ripped out of his chest.

I know what you mean. I have a 4 year old and struggle with this a lot. Every kid is different, so I think across the board age restrictions are silly. I'm not passing judgement on anybody, just something to be aware of because I wasn't. But I never planned on taking my kid. It's not even the violence, she's just too young for complex stories. She's still watching Peppa Pig.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE

I watched Terminator 2 and Young Guns 2 in the theatre and I was still in elementary school. As a parent also, I have no issue letting my kids watch something if they are able to grasp what is actually happening and understand it's just a movie/show. They will see this stuff when you are not around (Youtube and other things) so it's better imo to be there to provide context.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I know what you mean. I have a 4 year old and struggle with this a lot. Every kid is different, so I think across the board age restrictions are silly. I'm not passing judgement on anybody, just something to be aware of because I wasn't. But I never planned on taking my kid. It's not even the violence, she's just too young for complex stories. She's still watching Peppa Pig.

If Peppa had a lightsabre, we'd have that going all day long.

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
I watched Terminator 2 and Young Guns 2 in the theatre and I was still in elementary school. As a parent also, I have no issue letting my kids watch something if they are able to grasp what is actually happening and understand it's just a movie/show. They will see this stuff when you are not around (Youtube and other things) so it's better imo to be there to provide context.

This is how we've handled it. My 6 year old loved dinosaurs and we let him watch Jurassic Park when he was 5, he did fine with it and has seen all of the movies. I just always find it interesting that society seems to have regressed as far as what we consider appropriate for kids.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
This movie has a 97℅ positive rating on Rotten Tomatoes.. Let that sink in. Many of the reviewers said stuff like "prepare for your already high expectations to be blown out of the water". :jiggy: I'm am so ******* pumped!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron