New Hand Sign?

redrocker

Sep 5, 2006
Ames - West-CY'd
It sounds childish, but sitting here at my desk swirling my fingers, I mean the "I" around, I can not help but smile. How intimidated would the opposition be to see that in the stands. Even the older alumns doing it would scare the hell out of them.

BigDISU1

Apr 10, 2006
Oskaloosa, Iowa
i think we should just continue our policy of playing intimidating and adrenaline-pumping songs like "sweet caroline" during timeouts before big plays late in the game. i think we have that market cornered right now, and with any luck it will become a lasting tradition.

Thank God somebody agrees with me. By the mid point of the season I started to rail on this song while in the student section as it started playing @ the most inappropriate times and I would get a lot of dirty looks. I was beginning to think maybe I was the only one who thought sweet Caroline wasn't the best way to get the adrenaline pumping.

"Hands, touching hands, reaching out
Touching me, touching you
Oh, sweet Caroline"

I don't know about you, but when I sing those words I want to get out there on the field and GO HIT SOMEBODY!!! ::sarcasm::

I like that idea of swirling arms and fingers in the stands "mini cyclones". I think that would look pretty neat if the whole crowd got into it.

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
Not relevant to this, but do you guys realize we can spell CIZIK as something like CYZIK?? First coach ever to be spelled that way..

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Before we did the stupid hold your key's up in the air and jingle them on kickoffs. We did the finger in the air Swirl motions like a tornado on kickoffs. It was great. Now we do the stupid Key's thing. Jingling key's has nothing to do with Nothing and it's stupid.

So we actually took one tradition out and made way for another tradition that is stupid.

Traditions happen on there own. They are not just made up things.

P.S. Dio invented the Metal Sign, Similar to the Hook Em Horns Sign, on stage one night. With no intention of every single metal fan holding it up at every loud concert in the world. Rock on.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
Before we did the stupid hold your key's up in the air and jingle them on kickoffs. We did the finger in the air Swirl motions like a tornado on kickoffs. It was great. Now we do the stupid Key's thing. Jingling key's has nothing to do with Nothing and it's stupid.

So we actually took one tradition out and made way for another tradition that is stupid.

Traditions happen on there own. They are not just made up things.

P.S. Dio invented the Metal Sign, Similar to the Hook Em Horns Sign, on stage one night. With no intention of every single metal fan holding it up at every loud concert in the world. Rock on.

Yeah, back in the 80s the "swirling finger" was for kick-offs and the "jingling keys" was for a key play. It sounds like you people have changed my traditions!

FYI, LSU fans use the "jingling keys" once the game is out of hand (LSU typically winning) to signify that they are getting the keys out and heading back to the car to tailgate. So, some of these traditions can have multiple meanings.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
Isnt the obvious answer the #1 finger swirling like a cyclone! imagine it 50000 little cyclones swirling @ JT.

How about everyone spins around in place, like life-size cyclones! Imagine 50,000 cyclones throwing up in the stands at JT...hopefully just from dizziness, not the play on the field :wink0st:

aeroclone08

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Wichita, KS
Isnt the obvious answer the #1 finger swirling like a cyclone! imagine it 50000 little cyclones swirling @ JT.

We thought of this exact thing during some early Cyclone Alley meetings, but thought it would probably decay into a different finger...:baffled5wh:

zdorr40

Apr 3, 2006
Des Moines
Visit site
i think we should just continue our policy of playing intimidating and adrenaline-pumping songs like "sweet caroline" during timeouts before big plays late in the game. i think we have that market cornered right now, and with any luck it will become a lasting tradition.

Or how 'bout when the team runs out on the field to AC/DC and the place is going nuts, the adrenaline is pumping, we're ready to kick *** and kill and then they play....

"The Bells of Iowa State"

What a buzz-kill.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron