New FB Unis Today?

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
Akron di
Sure seemed like we had a tough time with it last Saturday.

636411868575877271-USATSI-10284120.jpg
Akron did :D

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Regardless of what one thinks of our all-white uniform (and I like it) and the two-tone helmet (needed some gold on the stripes, but the two-tone logo was okay) last Saturday, there was way too much white on that field, particularly on a relatively bright day.

Akron going gold/navy/gold and ISU in white/white/white would have looked great.

Sometimes it is all in the mixture.

• Agree
Reactions: tazclone

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Regardless of what one thinks of our all-white uniform (and I like it) and the two-tone helmet (needed some gold on the stripes, but the two-tone logo was okay) last Saturday, there was way too much white on that field, particularly on a relatively bright day.

Akron going gold/navy/gold and ISU in white/white/white would have looked great.

Sometimes it is all in the mixture.
Agree. On it's own the Michigan all-maize uniforms were out of place imo, but combined with Florida going with their all-blue it admittedly looked sharp on TV.

camerontvance

Jun 19, 2017
All of these kids want to play in the NFL, and on Thursday nights the NFL does a color rush theme. That is why I predict that we see an all yellow Color Rush themed uniform next Thursday.

• Optimistic
Reactions: CYCLNST8

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
There is zero chance anyone had a problem identifying who was who on the field just because white was the majority of color. People got a ***** with the greys and the number coloration making it hard to view from a distance but the white complaints are weak.

Reactions: camerontvance

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
All of these kids want to play in the NFL, and on Thursday nights the NFL does a color rush theme. That is why I predict that we see an all yellow Color Rush themed uniform next Thursday.

Those are the ugliest things on the planet -- which makes it even harder to watch when the NFL has so many clean, classic, iconic looks to choose from.

Football uniforms should be bright and contrasting but not loud. They should also be consistent, which is something many designs forget about nowadays.

The banana Rams versus the ebony 49ers last night was a complete eyesore.

Hurts even more when it should look like this...

Tavon+Austin+San+Francisco+49ers+v+St+Louis+unSp9hINMxwl.jpg

camerontvance

Jun 19, 2017
Those are the ugliest things on the planet -- which makes it even harder to watch when the NFL has so many clean, classic, iconic looks to choose from.

Football uniforms should be bright and contrasting but not loud. They should also be consistent, which is something many designs forget about nowadays.

I am not disagreeing with you. I think the color rush, for the most part, is awful. I am just guessing that is what the Cyclones do on Thursday.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines

Where is this written in stone? There are other tastes than yours. Loved the Rams color rush unis.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

Old man, you're not the sole authority on uniforms.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center

NFL has some terrible uniforms. Vikings color rush is beautiful. Rams is awesome.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
The

FIFY

I wish there was a color rush for the CyHawk game. All reds verses all blacks. I think that'd look killer.

I wonder how many of our alternate uniform haters are color blind. Is that why they're haters? They can't see the awesomeness?? :D

Stick to basketball if that is your thing. :p

• Friendly
Reactions: CYCLNST8

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Now just hoping we see something new or unusual. Can't blow the opportunity of being the only game in town. It's either Texas-ISU or Bears-Packers for football watchers on Thursday night.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'd like to see color rush with even more white. White logo on white helmet, white numbering/lettering on jerseys etc. traced with just the thinnest of cardinal lining so that the silhouettes of logos/numbers stands out.

Reactions: SciClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron