New Cyclone recruit

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
We are doing our part to provide ISU recruits for women's athletics. Baby girl #4 was born here in Ames on Friday. She joins big sister age 10 (future volleyball and softball player), big sister age 7.5 (future gymnast or cheerleader), and big sister age 21 mo (undecided). You may send your sympathies to my poor husband who is way outnumbered. Teenage girls in the house for 15 straight years.

Reactions: JP4CY

yCy

Apr 12, 2006
Congratulations to you and your family! I look forward to seeing the girls in Cyclone uniforms.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I have twin girls and even a woman dog. Not quite to OP's degree but I sypathize to a certain extent :)

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Hope you didn't have to wait long, Dr wasn't in a big hurry to get back to clinic. ;) We tried to make it as quick as possible. :)

I think it's kinda cool that they can run out and do that. I don't think we waited too long.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Congratulations! That will be quite the estrogen-filled house ;)

Thank God, my wife and I were really worried that our two sons would have a hard time finding wives as we haven't had a girl born on either side of the family in well over ten years. Don't even know anyone who has had a girl. Sometimes we go to Walmart just to see if we can spot a baby girl.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Thank God, my wife and I were really worried that our two sons would have a hard time finding wives as we haven't had a girl born on either side of the family in well over ten years. Don't even know anyone who has had a girl. Sometimes we go to Walmart just to see if we can spot a baby girl.

Maybe I'm not clear on something here, but wouldn't you want your sons to find wives outside of the family?

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA

There has been a girl boom at our church this past six months. I think there were three girls born. There are more babies coming in the next 9 months (don't know what they are yet)

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
There has been a girl boom at our church this past six months. I think there were three girls born. There are more babies coming in the next 9 months (don't know what they are yet)

Since 2010.
In 2010
My wife's cousin (who was like a sister to my wife) had a boy Feb
My sister had a boy July
My other sister had a boy Dec
In 2011
We had our first April
In 2012
My wife's cousin (the brother to above) had a boy March
Another cousin to my wife had a boy Nov
Another cousin to my wife had a boy Dec
We had our second Dec

We don't know of anyone that has had a girl

We have a relative that is a OB nurse for the local hospital and she says they have been running about 3 to 1 for boys to girls over the past 6 months since she started there.

Last edited:

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Since 2010.
In 2010
My wife's cousin (who was like a sister to my wife) had a boy Feb
My sister had a boy July
My other sister had a boy Dec
In 2011
We had our first April
In 2012
My wife's cousin (the brother to above) had a boy March
Another cousin to my wife had a boy Nov
Another cousin to my wife had a boy Dec
We had our second Dec

We don't know of anyone that has had a girl

We have a relative that is a OB nurse for the local hospital and she says they have been running about 3 to 1 for boys to girls over the past 6 months since she started there.

Wow.... Well maybe they will meet their mate out of state then.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I think it's kinda cool that they can run out and do that. I don't think we waited too long.

I was happy he was able to do our delivery. He happened to be on-call overnight when I came in, then was able to deliver on Fri. If I would've went on Sat I'd have missed him since he had guard.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Congrats, Cybirdy! Glad she was able to wait until after most of the snow was over. :)

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
I have 3 myself, 7, 4.5, and 18 mos and my wife wants another. I told her if its another girl we are done. Not risking having 5. I was the oldest of 4 boys. I probably deserve it. Tell your husband if he wants to so something manly like sharing a bottle of Jack and farting or something like that sometime I am game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron