New Bracketology

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Wichita State and Loyola have 14 of those 19 wins.

UNI and Loyola have the same number of wins. The 3 combine for 18 or the 19.

FWIW, UNI got a 5 in 2015 at 30-3 with a worse non-con numbers wise. Unfortunately, there's no Wichita for 2 more quality games in the league anymore. I believe the 5/6 line is the ceiling.

EDIT--Should point out I'm the other one and the one that's been here longer. I have to do this more than I should.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
UNI and Loyola have the same number of wins. The 3 combine for 18 or the 19.

FWIW, UNI got a 5 in 2015 at 30-3 with a worse non-con numbers wise. Unfortunately, there's no Wichita for 2 more quality games in the league anymore. I believe the 5/6 line is the ceiling.

EDIT--Should point out I'm the other one and the one that's been here longer. I have to do this more than I should.
Right, UNI and Loyola combine for 8 of the 19. WSU has 10, and then one more somewhere in there. The MVC is probably right where it should be with getting one MAYBE two teams in every year.

You rarely see two teams from any mid-major conference get in because it's usually the winner of the entire conference that wins the conference tournament, or the second place team that wins the conference tournament. You then have to look at the body of work of the outright champ to decide their fate and they have to have an impressive resume to get in. You can't have a lot of losses and you absolutely cannot have bad losses. It seems unfair but actually isn't because the conferences overall are just not that good. Sure there are probably two quality teams, but after that, it usually drops off tremendously.

You also have to gain respect within the tournament. VCU and WSU have that respect for constantly making it far in the tournament. When they get in, they're going to get a respectable seed. UNI is not on either of those teams level and therefore will not a great seed in the tournament even if they had a great year.

Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Let me see... I'm looking around... let me check over here... nope... and nothing over there... nope. I think its official. I have no more f*cks to give about UNI basketball!

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
No. 29-2 or 30-1 but will still be no better than a 7 seed even though they are ranked top 20 in polls. MVC gets shafted with seeding each year
Here...is this better? They WILL be in the NCAA tournament. They still have a chance at an at large bid also. They go through the conference with 0 or 1 loss they should get an at large and be ranked in the top 20 if not top 15 in nation come the big dance
I challenge any one of you to go through my posts and tell me what is so wrong with what I post.
Rut roh

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Cool a UNI bracketology thread here. In line with all of the Kansas State **** threads. Figure these guys have naked pics of Chris with hookers in Moscow of something. Nothing else can explain all of this stupid ****.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
No. 29-2 or 30-1 but will still be no better than a 7 seed even though they are ranked top 20 in polls. MVC gets shafted with seeding each year
Here...is this better? They WILL be in the NCAA tournament. They still have a chance at an at large bid also. They go through the conference with 0 or 1 loss they should get an at large and be ranked in the top 20 if not top 15 in nation come the big dance
I challenge any one of you to go through my posts and tell me what is so wrong with what I post.
@UNI1ISU2

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

giphy.gif

Reactions: JP4CY