Never Quit: UM 4x400 Relay

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Whenever I think of running, I always switch to a run by one of my oldest sons baseball teammates. The kid seemed off, somehow makes contact with the ball, and starts to run to first. He’s running 2/3rds speed and like windmilling both arms. His parents were sitting behind us a couple rows and even they said out load, why’s he running like that. Turned out the kid was smoking dope on his way to the game, he missed the bus so his buddy drove him.

He got out and when he went into the dugout, sat by my son and announced that, man I was running fast. The kids then asked if he was high and he admitted.

• Haha
Reactions: NWICY and Entropy

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Who were the opponents? Sadly, I didn't see any black & gold.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I’m not sure what is more grueling, 400 hurdles or open 800???
400 Hurdles is absolutely nuts. I did both in high school and college, and they both are insane. But the 400 hurdles is something that made me realize I am not right in the head for actually wanting to do in my track career.

• Winner
Reactions: CloneFanInKC

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
400 Hurdles is absolutely nuts. I did both in high school and college, and they both are insane. But the 400 hurdles is something that made me realize I am not right in the head for actually wanting to do in my track career.
My oldest got out of the 800 open by asking the coach if he could do the 400H. The coach told him he never had anyone volunteer for it so he would never say no if someone did. He was not a hurdler, just had a good gas tank and was determined. Was one clipped hurdle away from making state just a couple weeks after asking to run it.