NET Rankings

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
Purdue went to sleep and Iowa thought they were really that good. Until they got doinked at home by Illinois WITH Murray.

Reactions: CycoCyclone

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Iowa went on a big run and cut the Purdue lead to 2 with just under 3 minutes left. The win probability was down to 67% at that point. I was watching it live, it was very close.
Purdue checked out from leading by double digits nearly the entire game and having a good lead late. While I agree it almost cost them, it wasn't a close game.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Purdue checked out from leading by double digits nearly the entire game and having a good lead late. While I agree it almost cost them, it wasn't a close game.

How do you define a "close game"? And why on earth would you argue about it - especially on a game you didn't even watch? Often whether something feels like a close game has to do with your reaction to watching it - and when Iowa had the ball with a chance to take the lead with under 3 minutes left - it felt like a close game (and was).

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Purdue went to sleep and Iowa thought they were really that good. Until they got doinked at home by Illinois WITH Murray.
Yeah, Illinois is really good, and you failed to mention they went on the road against a solid team without Curbelo who is suppsoe to be an All Big 10 point guard.
They have 2 Seniors as their guards, another Senior grad transfer along with the best Center in college basketball in their starting lineup. It's no surprise at all Iowa would struggle with a team like that.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Navy has a real feather in their cap.
First game of the year after losing alot of players from last year. I guarantee you they'll be in the tourney.
Just for the record I've defended Iowa States schedule on here and I think we have a really good non-conf resume, you're just making idiotic statements is why I called you out.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
First game of the year after losing alot of players from last year. I guarantee you they'll be in the tourney.
Just for the record I've defended Iowa States schedule on here and I think we have a really good non-conf resume, you're just making idiotic statements is why I called you out.

I think both things can be true. It's a very good win for Iowa right now (Q1) and Virginia probably needs to start playing a lot better if they want to actually make the tourney. Torvik has them finishing 16-14 which won't be getting it done.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
How do you define a "close game"? And why on earth would you argue about it - especially on a game you didn't even watch? Often whether something feels like a close game has to do with your reaction to watching it - and when Iowa had the ball with a chance to take the lead with under 3 minutes left - it felt like a close game (and was).
Volume of competitiveness.

And why do YOU care to argue about it? Someone that watched 90% of the game and thought it was over, would disagree with you reaction. If 90% of the sample isn’t close, perhaps it was just a backdoor cover with a team going prevent.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Lol, a road win at Virginia isn't good? Virginia will be an NCAA tourney team, guaranteed.

Usually I would agree with you. But they're right...Virginia isn't good NOW. You can't deny that. Could they get better? Maybe...but I think they struggle to get to the NCAAs.

• Winner

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines

At the 12/3 Bracket update. Iowa state is averaging to a 6 seed!!

NCAA 2022 sites are pretty bare for the upper midwest/central plains

Us and Wisconsin could be battling for a trip to Milwaukee if we keep this winning thing going

Milwaukee and Indy are both well within driving distance. I plan on going to Indy for the tourney this year so maybe ISU will get in that bracket if we make the tourney.

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
Idiotic statements like they aren’t as good as they think they are or as their “local fans” think they are?

• Winner

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
The new league is going to be brutal. I looked at the 14 teams for 2024 (unless You Tee and Zero U jump early) on the Kenpom site for December 6...
There are 6 in the top 25, 9 in the top 50, and 13 in the top 70.

It's a little early for KenPom.... he gets more accurate as more games get played, but 13/14 in the top 70 teams in Division 1, and 6/14 top 25.

Basketball is going to be really hard and really entertaining going forward

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Doesn't seem like even a lot of variance within SWAC, for example -- a lot of Mississippi Valley, Jackson State, UAPB in recent seasons (as well as Chicago State from WAC), it seems (without glancing at schedules, off the top of my head).

I wonder if ISU (and other schools) have some sort of open-ended agreement for X number of games within a specified # of years(?) Total guess. I'm curious.

There are plenty of leagues just above low-level that could be tapped - Northeast, Big Sky, and such.

Prohm had some input on scheduling, hence a lot of SE region schools that align with his coaching circle. Expect to see more flavor/variety with TJ at the helm.

Last edited:

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Which is so dumb.
Ask UCONN women if winning by 20 is important or if winning by 12 is "good enough". Rewarding bigger and bigger blowouts can lead to teams facing their exact situation.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Idiotic statements like they aren’t as good as they think they are or as their “local fans” think they are?
No, you said they haven't beaten a good team yet. That's false.

You also said they lost at home to Illinois "with" Murray like that was a game they easily should have won. I explained why Illinois is alot better than Iowa right now. They returned alot of talent from their #1 seed last year and were predicted to finish 3rd or 4th in the Big 10.
Iowa was predicted 9th or 10th.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron