ND cans its OC

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
First I thought this is good for us...then realized the unknown or a new person may be playing with house money.

Yeah, you can throw tendencies right out the window. You can bet they're gonna try to be creative.

This right here. Now, as a DC, you have very little idea of the scheme they'll run and they have 2.5 weeks to implement it.

It'll be the same playbook, just run in different combinations.

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
Am I the slow one to think that because he previously worked for Norvell who has taken the FSU job, somehow Norvell is involved in this?

I wonder if Long told Kelly he was interested in looking into joining Norvell at FSU or taking Norvell's old job and Kelly figured he wasn't going to get Long's full attention right now anyway, so go now.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I would assume that ND will probably still use the same playbook. The potential hurdle I see is figuring out the strategic trends on the fly during the game as opposed to watching film of trends.

irish

Sep 1, 2006
Ames IA
I doubt anything will significantly change. Long may have been OC, but that was more in name only. Make no mistake, its Brian Kelly's pass happy offensive scheme that we'll still face in the bowl.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
we can fix that. just fire heacock and make their new OC's job more interesting. tit for tit!
Bold move, lol.

We could sit Brock and Eisworth too and publically announce....big old game of chess!

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
On the flip side, I dont think you can get to crazy. Running something out of the norm can cause problems as well. I dont see them changing a lot but probably do a couple things different.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
I doubt anything will significantly change. Long may have been OC, but that was more in name only. Make no mistake, its Brian Kelly's pass happy offensive scheme that we'll still face in the bowl.

Member since 2006 and only three posts?!?!?:eek:

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm