Nationals tickets

ACSlater

Nov 28, 2012
Anyone have any idea how I can get a few nationals tickets as I am not a season ticket holder.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Tough to get - Even season ticket holder and CWC member might have a hard time getting them. Best chance is to donate a decent amount to CWC or Cyclone Club and try that way. Not sure if it's to late or not to join. I just sent my request for tickets in yesterday.

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
Anyone have any idea how I can get a few nationals tickets as I am not a season ticket holder.

Scalping at the door of the Arena before the session starts. It sold out in just an hour or two. When it was in Omaha, it sold out in, I think, two and a half hours.

cyfan9

Aug 27, 2011
AC Sater - I would recommend trying to get tickets through schools that traditionally might not bring large crowds to nationals. I was going to try to get tickets through Michigan State or Purdue but a buddy was able to get a group of 20 from Cornell. Unfortunately Cornell does not have any more available.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX

I just received the application form today; I suppose I could purchase the tix and have you pay me, if we can figure out how to eliminate the risk of getting stiffed on the payment.

cyfan9

Aug 27, 2011
GO2Guy - Hopefully a fellow Cyclone would not stiff you, but if something did happen I don't think these would be hard tickets to unload. You could advertise them on here and cyclonereport if you wanted to sit with Clone fans and on other boards and Stubhub if you didn't care who you sit with. If you wanted to, you could probably make a decent profit as well.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
GO2Guy - Hopefully a fellow Cyclone would not stiff you, but if something did happen I don't think these would be hard tickets to unload. You could advertise them on here and cyclonereport if you wanted to sit with Clone fans and on other boards and Stubhub if you didn't care who you sit with. If you wanted to, you could probably make a decent profit as well.

I'm not looking to make a profit; just helping out a fellow 'Clone and since I live in Houston and can't attend, I'd be happy to help.

The cheapest tix go for $150, but like the previous post, it seems even Cyclone Club, or Season Tix holders might have a hard time - even the ** at the bottom of the form says "All Tickets are based on availability".

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Currently the CWC form is a request for tickets and not a gaurantee that you will get tickets

CyAg

May 22, 2006
I would guess that you would have to be at Gold or maybe even Captains level or higher to have a shot at them.

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
I'm still looking, I've tryed almost every school in the country.

Like I said earlier, I think scalping is going to be your best bet, but I wouldn't plan on seeing any of the action on Saturday unless you're watching the finals on ESPN.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I was wondering when we can expect to hear if our request for tickets get accepted or denied.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Fans will start dumping them in early March.Keep your eyes open. Don't buy now. Wait for the bubble to pop.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Fans will start dumping them in early March.Keep your eyes open. Don't buy now. Wait for the bubble to pop.

With ISU, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Missouri all within easy driving distance of Des Moines I wouldn't expect it to drop too far though. People will unload when their guys don't make it, but there will be lots of people waiting to snap them up.

cyfan9

Aug 27, 2011
I'm still looking, I've tryed almost every school in the country.

AC - I feel your pain. When I originally suggested this, we "had" tickets from Cornell. Since then, they have informed us that those tickets were not meant to be sold to the public through their ticket office. So instead of 20 tickets, we have four.

We have also tried most other schools and have not had any luck. I like the idea of having the tourney close to home, but wish the tourney was not in DSM. I figure I will get tickets one way or another, but this process is making me go mad. We better enjoy the tourney, bc it will not be back in DSM and probably not in Iowa again. They just need to make the permanent location St. Louis.