More Hard Hitting Reporting from ESPN

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
This clip is too great not to share:

Great reporting out of Stephen A., except that Spencer Ware is not playing tonight, Hunter Henry hasn't played a snap all year due to an ACL injury and Derrick Johnson was cut in March.

ESPN has devolved into garbage television, but/for the 30 for 30 series, and it's their insistence on putting windbags like Stephen A. on the air that's led to this.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
When exactly did the shift happen of ESPN being something that was basically automatic TV to....what it is now?

Smith is still employed there so his numbers must be good enough. Obnoxiousness wins no matter how disconnected from reality someone is.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
When exactly did the shift happen of ESPN being something that was basically automatic TV to....what it is now?

Smith is still employed there so his numbers must be good enough. Obnoxiousness wins no matter how disconnected from reality someone is.

I don't know. It's pretty much the same for any sports network. If it isn't a live broadcast of a sporting event then it's probably just a handful of loud idiots shouting over each other in a tv studio.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Great reporting out of Stephen A., except that Spencer Ware is not playing tonight, Hunter Henry hasn't played a snap all year due to an ACL injury and Derrick Johnson was cut in March.

ESPN has devolved into garbage television, but/for the 30 for 30 series, and it's their insistence on putting windbags like Stephen A. on the air that's led to this.

I would think they doubt they care. It is just filling time until they can run either prestige programming like 30 for 30 or live events that people actually watch.

I am surprised they do not just go bare minimum on expenses for the remainder of their schedule and show either classic games, reruns of old programming and game shows, or just do simulcasts with their radio shows and/or podcasters on the cheap.

He who talks the loudest must be right.

Cable news (sports or not) is bad for your brain.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Pretty much why I don't watch any ESPN other than actual live game broadcasts. Stephen ******* is just another factless noisey provocateur. There was a thread here the other day asking others what they thought about some guy's opinion. Had to Google the name to find he was one of the ESPN talking heads. So I am succeeding in not knowing who some of theses guys even are. Sad, I was too late and knew this one.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center

Could you imagine the **** storm Smith would start if ESPN ever let him go?

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

Live sports only. The rest is mostly yelling.

Not ESPN, but how do Boomer Esiason, Phil Simms and Chris Simms have jobs in broadcasting??

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

Live sports only. The rest is mostly yelling.

Not ESPN, but how do Boomer Esiason, Phil Simms and Chris Simms have jobs in broadcasting??

Or Chris Broussard, or Rob Parker, or Skip Bayless, or Mike Wilbon, or Tony Kornheiser? Stop giving these people money and air time!

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

If I had a friend that told me they like Stephen A., I would stab them. Harsh, but the truth.

• Agree
Reactions: Tri4Cy and JBone84

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Listen to me, listen to me right now. You can not, I repeat can NOT talk bad about Stephen A. Smith. I talk to Stephen regularly. We are good friends, I talk regularly with him because we are good friends. Never. Ever. Never. Has Stephen been bad at his job. EVER. Watchu, I...I don’t, no no don, stah, no. We all need to respect his game. That’s all I got to say on the subject what’s next.

• Funny
Reactions: Tri4Cy and jay moe

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Could you imagine the **** storm Smith would start if ESPN ever let him go?

He already put it out there when people were wondering why he was still on after all the layoffs.

It's because you're loud and obnoxious, Steven A., and that's it.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I don't know. It's pretty much the same for any sports network. If it isn't a live broadcast of a sporting event then it's probably just a handful of loud idiots shouting over each other in a tv studio.

Yeah....I guess the market just changed and ratings shifted. Sportscenter on repeat 6 times every morning in 1995 was better than this. There was some really high end talent doing the cast then.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron