Mizzou

Ajg515

Nov 17, 2016
Des Moines
Missouri may be loaded next year. 4 star pg Blake Harris, 5 star SF Kevin Knox, and 4 star combo guard CJ Roberts are all in Columbia this weekend. If they land those kids and Tilmon they're a tough out.

**Missouri is having a huge weekend with both Kevin Knox and Blake Harris on campus. Michael Porter Sr. is the drawing card for both players. The 6-foot-10 Porter Jr. was already slated to play with Harris at Washington before both decommitted following Lorenzo Romar’s firing and Porter Jr. would love to have both players join him now that he’s at Mizzou

From http://www.zagsblog.com/2017/04/09/...ox-blake-harris-jordan-tucker-shakur-juiston/
Which, to me, is hilarious. Cuonzo Martin who couldn't do much with 4 and 5 star recruits at a warm weather favorable destination P5 program in Cal, Romar who did absolutely nothing with mltpl yrs of mltpl 5 stars, and Porter Sr who has done nothing at all, so far, in men's NCAA bball. They have all this talent and no one to steer the ship.

Meanwhile guys like Tilmon were most likely in a much better position to actually learn and improve their craft under a much better coach or molder of men in Underwood or if Knox goes to Mizzou instead of Duke or UNC, same thing.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Which, to me, is hilarious. Cuonzo Martin who couldn't do much with 4 and 5 star recruits at a warm weather favorable destination P5 program in Cal, Romar who did absolutely nothing with mltpl yrs of mltpl 5 stars, and Porter Sr who has done nothing at all, so far, in men's NCAA bball. They have all this talent and no one to steer the ship.

Meanwhile guys like Tilmon were most likely in a much better position to actually learn and improve their craft under a much better coach or molder of men in Underwood or if Knox goes to Mizzou instead of Duke or UNC, same thing.
From what I heard Mizzou doesn't really have a chance with Knox. He is visiting since its the local school, the NC blue bloods are way more in the lead.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Why the sudden obsession with Mizzou? Sure beats playing them when they couldn't beat DMACC.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Why the sudden obsession with Mizzou? Sure beats playing them when they couldn't beat DMACC.
There's a sudden obsession because they have turned a 180 in terms of talent and potential since we first signed up to play them.

I agree, I'd much rather play them when they have talent. For Iowa St, they have went from a bad team, but still a power 5 name, to possibly the toughest game of the non con next season.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
There's a sudden obsession because they have turned a 180 in terms of talent and potential since we first signed up to play them.

I agree, I'd much rather play them when they have talent. For Iowa St, they have went from a bad team, but still a power 5 name, to possibly the toughest game of the non con next season.
Maybe...not sold on Martin putting talent together.

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Maybe...not sold on Martin putting talent together.
It's more of a statement about the rest of our non con, then it is about Martin making them tournament contenders.

From strictly a talent standpoint, if they land a couple more to go with Porter, they will have as much as we'll see all season, no doubt the most of the non con.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Jeff Goodman‏Verified account @GoodmanESPN 1m1 minute ago
Jontay Porter (ESPN, No. 26), younger brother of Michael Porter, told ESPN visiting Missouri today. May reclassify, go to Mizzou this year.

Coming from Goodman, too.

Mizzou preseason Top 10?
There's going to be a lot of pressure on them to win. I bet they miss the NCAA tourney and leave for the draft. Mizzou basketball falls back into a deep abyss after 1 year of hype and then failure.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
There's going to be a lot of pressure on them to win. I bet they miss the NCAA tourney and leave for the draft. Mizzou basketball falls back into a deep abyss after 1 year of hype and then failure.
And the pressure falls totally on Martin...the fan support will be there, but this will be an immense rebuild by Martin to get the players working together. Making the jump from high school to major D1 basketball is always a crapshoot...some take it well and thrive...others not so much.

Succeed and Martin will go far...fail and it could be the abyss mentioned above.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
You guys remember when Missouri was building a respectable Football and Basketball team? Those were the days...

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
We land a couple of the guys I'm hoping for and I have zero worries about playing the T1000 version of Misery.