Minneapolis Beer spots

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I'm heading up to St. Paul in a couple of weeks. Here are a few on my list. Any others I should check out? I'd like to stay somewhat near St. Paul since I'll be Ubering.

Keg and Case Market (Clutch Brewing)
Bang Brewing
Happy Gnome (been before)
Birch's Lowertown
Barrel Theory

I've been to Surly, Dangerous Man, Hammerheart, Indeed, Town Hall, Republic, etc.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Bad Weather Brewery is great. Very solid beer and a great tap room with seating inside and out. right on West 7th if you are looking to stay in the city more.

If you are willing to travel a bit, there is a great quad of breweries that are walk-able. BauHaus is my favorite Tap Room with great unique beer, with Able and Indeed offering very good beer as well. Sociable Cider Works is right there as well if you are interested in Ciders.

Reactions: dmclone

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I haven't been to Fair State Brewing, but I've had the chance to try a couple of their beers. You might give them a shot if they aren't too far from where you'll be.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Tin Whiskers is a good spot, and right down town St. Paul.

St Paul Brewing Is really solid. Cool spot, even though it seems like you are driving into the set of a murder mystery upon arrival haha

(edited)

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2013
Check out Utepils. Nice big taproom but the beer is excellent. If you're a fan of Bavarian-style hefeweizen, give "Ewald the Golden" a try. It's delicious!

They don't have a kitchen but they always have a food truck or two in the parking lot.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Tin Whiskers is a good spot, and right down town St. Paul. 12Eyes is a laid back spot in the basement of a building, only been a couple times. (also downtown)

St Paul Brewing Is really solid. Cool spot, even though it seems like you are driving into the set of a murder mystery upon arrival haha
12Eyes closed.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I'm heading up to St. Paul in a couple of weeks. Here are a few on my list. Any others I should check out? I'd like to stay somewhat near St. Paul since I'll be Ubering.

Bang Brewing
Birch's Lowertown
Barrel Theory

I've been to Surly, Dangerous Man, Hammerheart, Indeed, Town Hall, Republic, etc.
If you are sticking to St. Paul I would say add Bad Weather and Waldmann Brewing. They are literally right next to each other and very near Clutch Brewing.

Tin Whiskers is also good and is near Barrel Theory.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

Bang Brewing
Birch's Lowertown
Barrel Theory

Where are you staying in St Paul?

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Blackstack Brewing is pretty good. It's in an old warehouse with a bar that has old school video games and another bar that has ax throwing. The video game bar was being renovated when we were there (it was a mess) but that should be done by now.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
If you are sticking to St. Paul I would say add Bad Weather and Waldmann Brewing. They are literally right next to each other and very near Clutch Brewing.

Tin Whiskers is also good and is near Barrel Theory.
Waldmann is cool, and a very unique spot. If you do go to Bad Weather or Waldmann, definitely worth stopping at the other

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Okay, got a slight hijack but still on topic. Anyone got any suggestions for a ISU alumni happy hour for July? Group would like one over St. Paul way but not to far east of St. Paul. Just had one at Utepils Brewing in Mpls. Attendance was pretty weak at 15 or so.

Think someplace where parking is not impossible and that we can grab two or three tables for 20 or so.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Holiday Inn St. Paul Downtown
there is a spot called New Bohemia, I believe it is just a Minnesota chain, that is right down the road from you on West 7th. Its a Wurst & Bier Hall.. if you're into that kind of thing. If not there are plenty of other good spots down west 7th or in Lower Town (for food, and drink)

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Okay, got a slight hijack but still on topic. Anyone got any suggestions for a ISU alumni happy hour for July? Group would like one over St. Paul way but not to far east of St. Paul. Just had one at Utepils Brewing in Mpls. Attendance was pretty weak at 15 or so.

Think someplace where parking is not impossible and that we can grab two or three tables for 20 or so.
Not a brewery, but Ox Cart's roof top is a pretty cool spot in St. Paul. Parking is alright if its not too busy in Lower Town

Help Support Us

Become a patron