Mesh Internet Systems

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
@Bader

Will the upper right of this diagram work? I have this all up and running just fine but I want to add another TV in the “room” in that part of the MoCA system. Apologies for the crude diagram. Using the “Mr Builder” app :D

View attachment 101518
I see no reason that it wouldn’t, but I’m confused why that middle adapter is there at all. Do the 2 coax outlets the outside moca adapters connect to not run back to the main junction?

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I see no reason that it wouldn’t, but I’m confused why that middle adapter is there at all. Do the 2 coax outlets the outside moca adapters connect to not run back to the main junction?
I drew up the diagram pretty quickly. That middle adapter isn’t there. For the upper right portion, it will go:

Modem/Router > splitter > splitter > MoCA (times two)

If that makes sense.

Right now, in that room, it’s:

Modem/Router > splitter > MoCA

This works rather well. I just didn’t know if adding another splitter layer so I could add another TV would work.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I drew up the diagram pretty quickly. That middle adapter isn’t there. For the upper right portion, it will go:

Modem/Router > splitter > splitter > MoCA (times two)

If that makes sense.

Right now, in that room, it’s:

Modem/Router > splitter > MoCA

This works rather well. I just didn’t know if adding another splitter layer so I could add another TV would work.
Every time you split the signal it gets weaker. IMO what you drew will work fine

Reactions: enisthemenace