Merged Covid Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcbob79clone

From the NY Times. Covid-19 immunity "may" last a lifetime new data hints. The research, published online, has not been peer-reviewed nor published in a scientific journal. But it is the most comprehensive and long-ranging study of immune memory to the coronavirus to date.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
  • Informative
Reactions: aauummm

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Industrial hygiennists talk about mask use to prevent the spread of viruses:

Some of those comments though.

Comedy gold.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
From the NY Times. Covid-19 immunity "may" last a lifetime new data hints. The research, published online, has not been peer-reviewed nor published in a scientific journal. But it is the most comprehensive and long-ranging study of immune memory to the coronavirus to date.

This is huge news.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

T-CELLS!!!!! :)

This was the case so far with SARS so again hopeful this holds up. There will be exceptions like there have been reported reinfections...among other reasons I'd love to fast forward to next summer when we have even more information about this sort of stuff.

• Winner
Reactions: kcbob79clone

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa

Agree....good news here. More validation needed, but if true, would mean herd immunity is possible and vaccinations wouldn't need to be annual ala a flu shot.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
T-CELLS!!!!! :)

This was the case so far with SARS so again hopeful this holds up. There will be exceptions like there have been reported reinfections...among other reasons I'd love to fast forward to next summer when we have even more information about this sort of stuff.

They also insinuated that once recovered, the likelihood of being able to transmit as a carrier in the future is low. As someone who is recovering right now, I would love to know if that holds true.

• Friendly
Reactions: SpokaneCY

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
They also insinuated that once recovered, the likelihood of being able to transmit as a carrier in the future is low. As someone who is recovering right now, I would love to know if that holds true.

Hope the recovery continues!

Are you referring to OG SARS or this one about recovery/transmission? I couldn't see the NYT article. And ditto as someone who apparently had it via AB results I'm hoping for the same information.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Hope the recovery continues!

Are you referring to OG SARS or this one about recovery/transmission? I couldn't see the NYT article. And ditto as someone who apparently had it via AB results I'm hoping for the same information.

The line was about Covid-19 that I was referring too. I wish the article had referred to their actual data more and if they were planning on publishing though.

Reactions: madguy30

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.