MBB Conference Schedule Released

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
Have they said anything about fan capacity? I would like to make the trip to a couple games this year.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Those first 10 games....yikes. That could easily be a 2-8, 3-7 type of start. This place could be in full meltdown mode by Feb 1st. Hope the new guys are ready for the big 12, it's no joke, especially in this shortened season.

• Agree
Reactions: IASTATE07

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Those first 10 games....yikes. That could easily be a 2-8, 3-7 type of start. This place could be in full meltdown mode by Feb 1st. Hope the new guys are ready for the big 12, it's no joke, especially in this shortened season.

I could see 4-6 being do-able thru January. Requires a sweep of KSU, and I lean toward UT being the usual overrated, so ISU could get that at home and OSU is at home.

That's assuming home-court advantage is much of a "thing" this season. Football w/ limited fans is odd, but unless I think about it (or see shots of the stands) I haven't noticed it being extremely weird. College basketball without home atmosphere is going to be bizarre.

Reactions: heitclone

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I could see 4-6 being do-able thru January. Requires a sweep of KSU, and I lean toward UT being the usual overrated, so ISU could get that at home and OSU is at home.

That's assuming home-court advantage is much of a "thing" this season. Football w/ limited fans is odd, but unless I think about it (or see shots of the stands) I haven't noticed it being extremely weird. College basketball without home atmosphere is going to be bizarre.

4 would seem like about the best scenario, any other wins would be a pretty big upset, I could see us being underdogs in all but KSU/OSU at home. That is more about who we play than anything about our team. It's just a brutal league.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Believe a very small crowd will be let in and would think you have to be a pretty good sized Donor to get a ticket.

I know it won't happen because the push will be to keep the donors happy, but i kind of wish it could just be 1000 students or something.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
KSu - W
@ Wvu - L
BU - L
@ UT - L
TTU - L
@ KSU - W
@ KU - L
UT - W
@ TTU - L
OSU - W
WVU - L
@ OU - W
@ TCU - W
KU - W
@ OSU - L
OU - W @
@ BU - L
TCU - W

Wow; a sweep of OU and a KU win at home and 9-9. I'll take it...for now. But OU just loses Doolittle - everyone else back - correct?

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I know it won't happen because the push will be to keep the donors happy, but i kind of wish it could just be 1000 students or something.
Yeah that would be nice but then again this year most Students are not even in Ames from Thanksgiving till the last week of January.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Weird to not play KU at home during the student break. I guess they figure it doesn't matter this year. Maybe the Donald will be right and we will have our immunizations by then and will get to have more fans when they visit in February.

Teams like OSU, OU, Baylor, UT, and TCU won't be affected by COVID. They don't have fans either way. Teams like WVU, KSU, ISU, TTU and KU will really feel it.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
good. only time in 40 yrs I don't want to play iowa.
We could get drilled but on the other hand kind of like the set-up of where we would have pretty much nothing to lose. Be nice to beat/upset what is supposed to be their best team in many, many years.

Help Support Us

Become a patron