Matt Campbell quit on this team.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Doesn't really matter what people on this message board think I can tell you many in my section and also walking out saw CMC play a lot of subs while it appeared Iowa kept playing starters while it appeared there was still time to make it a game. Whether CMC packed it in the appearance to many ISU fans was that he did - right or wrong that is what it is.

MisterO

Proverbs 19:11
Dec 6, 2020
yeah Purdy didn’t look sharp at all. He didn’t make bonehead plays, but he didn’t really play well at all.

I really don’t know what to think about this game. I couldn’t see the whole field since I watched from home—were our receivers always that covered?
The TOE had pretty solid coverage for most of the game. Brock didn’t play horrible- he just didn’t play good enough to win. Brock needed to play better.

Also, too many dropped/tipped passes and 2 turned into turnovers. You can’t turn it over against these guys and expect to win. Simple as that.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
That was embarrassing and I’m not even talking about the first 3 quarters

Campbell quit on this team. I’m fine with pulling Brock to give Dekkers a chance, but he didn’t even give him a legit chance of trying to win the game.

Have in come in and run the ball?

I know Iowa’s defense is insane and our offense was garbage but the play calling down 17 looked like that of a coach that quit.

We have one the best defenses in the nation and you aren’t even trying to see if you can cut into the lead until 6 minutes left.

What am I missing here?
You need to take some time away for awhile to get some perspective before responding with such an emotionally irresponsible statement like that.

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
Compare to basketball. If a starter isn't shooting well and turns the ball over four times, what do you do? I think coaches are too reluctant to play more than one quarterback. Putting in the backup gives him reps. He might give the team a lift. And it might give the starter a chance to see the game better.
Assume that the sample size is ******* small compared to the three seasons of information I have about my starter.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
You bring in your backups to spark your team- and they did. There was nothing wrong with giving Dekkers a shot.

The gave us a spark and we were still in the game late- and CMC was trying to shake it up a bit, what we were doing with the personnel we had in wasn’t working.

When you return 20 of 22 starters with most being seniors, you shouldn’t have to “spark your team”.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
When you return 20 of 22 starters with most being seniors, you shouldn’t have to “spark your team”.
This is a true statement. I’ve said it 1,000 times, but I envy how good Ferentz is at getting his teams ready to play. The dude is a wizard and would never let this **** happen if Iowa was in our shoes.

Reactions: khardbored

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Idk. I can’t help but think that if Campbell actually ran a real offense week 1, our guys might have been better prepared for this game.

i will say one thing: iowa is going to be the most overrated they’ve ever been. What are they, +8 in turnovers in 2 games?
So many think they are great. I really think Iowa’s offense is total ****. Not getting 4 turnovers every game

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
School leader in everything the weak link?

listen, I hate being this guy, but our QB records were ******* hot garbage.

I love that Purdy is a baller but we have seen his ceiling. Now the question is whether Dekkers can go neyond that ceiling. I don’t have the answer, but just looking at the small sample I’ve seen, I see potential.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
It was too conservative, but Purdy was epically bad today. IDK what's going on but his timing was off, his decisions were off, his throws were overall terrible. I mean look at this stat line: 13-27, 176 yds, 3 Int. QBR 16.2 Petras was 33.7.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron