Matt Campbell postgame quote

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Love Campbell but a ****** MASSIVE attempt to redirect attention and blame for the past 2 weeks. Almost an FU to the fans that keep showing up.

This is really his first big test of adversity while in Ames and not a great way to start dealing with it.

Having said that, people will also way overreact to it.

Last edited:

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Hooooooooooooooooooo boy

I'm afraid this might be the beginning of the end for CMC if he doesn't take some responsibility for these losses and do something about the offense. The fanbase will not be kind to CMC for ridiculing them after all the support they give to this program that continues to lose games they have no business losing.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
The most criticism I saw, was from Ben Bruns on his podcast, it was pretty tame on here. Maybe he's referring to Bruns, I doubt it though .

Reactions: Clonefan32

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I posted this in the other thread as well. I have seen a few folks on here roast Gilbert but I have not seen anywhere else that suggests the fanbase was ridiculing Gilbert. I think Campbell is building this up for the team to get fired up against which is stupid.

• Agree
Reactions: Lyon309Cy

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Lunacy. No substantial number of fans attacked the kicker himself. Made jokes about special teams, sure. Got mad at the offense, yes. Went after the kicker personally? Nope.

This is a guy who's been told his sht doesn't stink for too long. Hard to preach accountability if you won't practice it yourself.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I'm afraid this might be the beginning of the end for CMC if he doesn't take some responsibility for these losses and do something about the offense. The fanbase will not be kind to CMC for ridiculing them after all the support they give to this program that continues to lose games they have no business losing.
Jfc, little too far moron.

Help Support Us

Become a patron