Massive explosion in Beirut

• Fanatics -

Thank you for your patience today and welcome to the newest version of Cyclone Fanatic!

Most of the changes we have made are very simple, but will greatly improve your user experience while visiting the website.

We have upgraded our forum software to speed things up. Our homepage is much cleaner and should be even more mobile friendly than before.

We appreciate your loyalty and are committed to not only keeping Cyclone Fanatic in tip-top shape, but continuing to build this community for the next decade and beyond.

We ask that if you are experiences any glitches to let us know in this thread . Will will be diligently working on the site all day.

Thanks again.

Chris Williams - Publisher

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
fireworks ehh? Not buying it with that last explosion. This video is the craziest of them all.
I'm back to the location of all this. I can't imagine having something that has the possible effect of that explosion that near a heavily populated area. But what do I know...

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
the shockwave just blowing people filming it off of their feet is insane.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
fireworks ehh? Not buying it with that last explosion. This video is the craziest of them all.
If the cargo hold was full and it was burning down there I imagine there would be quite a bit of built up pressure that had to eventually release.

BCClone

SuperFanatic
Sep 4, 2011
North Iowa
Early reports say fireworks ship exploded in port. You can see the fireworks in this video before the main explosion.

That's not fireworks in my opinion. That is electrical blasts. Live electrical lines that get exposed will give those yellow flashes as it arcs to stuff. The orange glow inside that you can see is also something that can happen. I disagree with fireworks.

Jeremy

CF Founder
Staff member
Bookie
Feb 28, 2006
Waukee, IA
Looks like a friggin mini suitcase nuke out of a spy novel. Hard to believe a fuel depo or fireworks supply would have had such a massive and sharp blast signature and shockwave (not an expert, only going off of MythBusters and science channel shows).

It is reportedly by the airport that Israel has accused Hezbollah of having their major munitions manufacturing plant.

We have just hit level 9 of Jamanji.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
That's not fireworks in my opinion. That is electrical blasts. Live electrical lines that get exposed will give those yellow flashes as it arcs to stuff. The orange glow inside that you can see is also something that can happen. I disagree with fireworks.

didn't think that looked like fireworks going off either.

BoxsterCy

SuperFanatic
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
the shockwave just blowing people filming it off of their feet is insane.
Things to not film if on fire (1) propane or commercial plants (2) fireworks factories (3) ammunition plants/depots.

This might rival the WWI Black Tom explosion in NY for one of the biggest non-nuclear explosions ever. Damn.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
If you scroll down through one of those twitter feeds someone claims they saw a missile right before the large explosion

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Any geopolitics know whether we can trust lebanese government reportd.