Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Still fully in after 2 episodes. Hope we don't lose the Steven/Marc dynamic completely just as it gets going.

His DID may not be the run of the mill type. With the supernatural element added to it, the various personas may be more fleshed out, so to speak, than they normally would. Or it's just a way to make it easier on the viewers to understand the state of the suppressed persona without dialog.

Completely agree here, and I think it's fun that it's totally separate. It wouldn't make a ton of sense right now to have him as part of the avengers or anything anyway - I mean Marc appears to be some kind of assassin of an Egyptian God, fighting invisible jackals, not exactly Captain America stuff there. I think it's smart to do it that way too, because you can get Oscar Isaac to do something fun (gets to use his London accent, innit) and it's not like he's all of a sudden tied in to a bunch of appearances in other stuff. I don't think you get somebody with his gravitas if it's a super tied in role.

I think Harrow made a reference to it, about how the God would shatter his mind. I'm really curious about it. Marc and Khonchu clearly knew Steven was part of himself, but obviously kept it buried. Why this is happening now I think is the most interesting part of the show.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I am really enjoying Moon Knight.
Oscar Isaac does a fantastic job and there aren't the Loki or FATWS lulls that can drag on.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I am really enjoying Moon Knight.
Oscar Isaac does a fantastic job and there aren't the Loki or FATWS lulls that can drag on.

Good point. The series right now has a very good mystery at it's center with Marc/Steven, and it's really propulsive which I think has been lacking in the D+ series' so far.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Completely agree here, and I think it's fun that it's totally separate. It wouldn't make a ton of sense right now to have him as part of the avengers or anything anyway - I mean Marc appears to be some kind of assassin of an Egyptian God, fighting invisible jackals, not exactly Captain America stuff there. I think it's smart to do it that way too, because you can get Oscar Isaac to do something fun (gets to use his London accent, innit) and it's not like he's all of a sudden tied in to a bunch of appearances in other stuff. I don't think you get somebody with his gravitas if it's a super tied in role.

I think Harrow made a reference to it, about how the God would shatter his mind. I'm really curious about it. Marc and Khonchu clearly knew Steven was part of himself, but obviously kept it buried. Why this is happening now I think is the most interesting part of the show.
We might be looking at a Dark Avengers type thing. And by that I mean like a Justice League Dark supernatural team, not the evil Avengers (although I think a Thunderbolts teams is currently being setup with US Agent and others). Blade, Black Knight, Moon Knight, Doctor Strange, Scarlet Witch, and maybe even Loki would be a hell of a team to take on some of the more mythology based type threats in the Marvel Universe.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Your Captain Marvel "Shazam" avatar was so iconic to you and your posts, its going to take a while getting used to you being the Will Smith slap.

You gotta keep people on their toes, otherwise you all would get too comfortable and where would that lead us? :)

Last edited:

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Strangely I think where Moon Knight succeeds (and might find some audience) is that it really has yet to tie anything into the MCU at large. I’m really curious to see how they’ll tie this lore in.

Maybe the purple magic we start seeing in this episode will start to tie into the chaos magic introduced in WandaVision.
I agree about how it being standalone works to it’s advantage. It’s refreshing not waiting for some other hero to come in and team up, or tying into some other MCU maguffin. I was slightly unsure after the first episode, but by the third Moon Knight has become my favorite MCU D+ series so far.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
How many more moon knight episodes are yet to come out? We’ve avoided up until this point and I may continue to do so until maybe the last one and then binge all of them at once.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
I agree about how it being standalone works to it’s advantage. It’s refreshing not waiting for some other hero to come in and team up, or tying into some other MCU maguffin. I was slightly unsure after the first episode, but by the third Moon Knight has become my favorite MCU D+ series so far.
They dropped a a few references to MCU and other Moon Knight related characters in the most recent episode. Madripor (from FATWS) was name dropped for one. The rich dude in the robe is apparently some character named Midnight Man, who is a high end thief that steals thing at the stroke of midnight. (Apparently you can hear a clock striking midnight as he rides off into the fog.) They could have a connection to the Power Broker. Unfortunately that actor died in a skiing accident in January, so unknown if they will do anything more with that character.

What's interesting is the apparent third personality that popped up when the knife wielding thugs got killed. Neither Marc nor Steven were aware at the time. Most likely the Jake Lockley persona that we haven't seen yet.

Last edited:

GBlade

Mar 9, 2014
Really like Moon Knight so far. I felt that Wandavision and Loki leaned too heavily on unanswered questions to leave you guessing what will happen next. Moon Knight feels like it establishes all the rules in episode 1 and we are along for the ride to see where it ends up.

The spinning back of the night's sky was so cool I'll forgive that there are apps that can show the night sky at any time.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I feel like I am falling behind. Can someone put together a post-Endgame order list of what to watch and when? I think I have seen most of the new content but I feel with this new direction they are going I can't fall behind without being super confused.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
I feel like I am falling behind. Can someone put together a post-Endgame order list of what to watch and when? I think I have seen most of the new content but I feel with this new direction they are going I can't fall behind without being super confused.
So far, most of the stuff isn't directly interconnected. Supposedly the pivotal moment in the Wandavision finale syncs up with a critical moment in the Loki finale. All of the events of No Way Home and What If... really only work due to the events of Loki. FATWS is heavily standalone for now. Hawkeye really only needs Black Widow for setup and so far has minimal impact on currently announced projects. Eternals is, well, probably going to die on the vine outside of the one post-credit scene. Doctor Strange 2 needs Wandavision, the finale of Loki, What If..., and No Way Home to be caught up. Moon Knight is self-contained so far.

Edt - Forgot Shang-Chi, but uncertain where is will fit in, especially when they intimated that the rings are potential Eternal in origin.

Ultimately, Dr. Strange 2 is going to have a massive impact on everything, and basically anything that has come before all has a chance to be irrelevant going forward.

Last edited:

Carlisle Clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 2, 2019
Episode 4 of Moon knight is supposed to have a "big mind-bending swing" according to the directors.

Help Support Us

Become a patron