• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
IGN is extrapolating that Mulan has made more as a VOD release than Tenet has at the global box office. Tenet has brought in an estimated $250 million at the global box office. Disney has announced that 29% of US subscribers purchased Mulan.
IGN did some creative math and figured out that there were 60 million global Disney+ subscribers, so they halved that number as the estimated US subscribers and extrapolated that if those numbers were accurate it would mean Mulan has brought in $261 million just in the US.

This is just a guess by IGN, but it’s worth keeping an eye on as Disney has to make a decision with Black Widow’s release date looming.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I like it. But I’m bewildered.
This show looks quite weird. Honestly, maybe I will like it, maybe not. I'm willing to give it a shot

Similar vibe to Legion on FX. I’m very interested to see how this plays out. Vision is probably the best thing to come out of Age of Ultron and the scene where he nonchalantly picks up Mjolnir is one of my favorite MCU moments.

Reactions: Cytasticlone

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Similar vibe to Legion on FX. I’m very interested to see how this plays out. Vision is probably the best thing to come out of Age of Ultron and the scene where he nonchalantly picks up Mjolnir is one of my favorite MCU moments.

Yeah, for me it was both Vision and Ultron himself. I found both of them to be solid in that movie. Where that movie fell short was with its meandering overstuffed storytelling in the middle. In fact, that deep conversation about humanity between Vision and Ultron at the end was one of my favorite scenes in all the MCU.

Oh yeah, lets also not forget the biggest crime of that movie was how it was back in the day when Marvel Studios was too cheap to pay Alan Silvestri to come back to score the movie, hence why we never got to hear the Avengers theme once throughout an Avengers movie. Still bitter about that one. At least they corrected their mistake in the subsequent Avengers movies.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Tenet absolutely tanking is very bad for the film industry and it has freaked out all of these big studios.

It never had a chance though aren't most most movie houses still closed in high population areas?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
It never had a chance though aren't most most movie houses still closed in high population areas?

I agree. I'm just saying there are some extremely tight buttholes due to them grossing 20 million on the opening weekend. I think it could have a long tail - I mean nothing is going to come out for a long time, so if you want to see a movie that isn't old it's probably going to be Tenet for a long while.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
IGN is extrapolating that Mulan has made more as a VOD release than Tenet has at the global box office. Tenet has brought in an estimated $250 million at the global box office. Disney has announced that 29% of US subscribers purchased Mulan.
IGN did some creative math and figured out that there were 60 million global Disney+ subscribers, so they halved that number as the estimated US subscribers and extrapolated that if those numbers were accurate it would mean Mulan has brought in $261 million just in the US.

This is just a guess by IGN, but it’s worth keeping an eye on as Disney has to make a decision with Black Widow’s release date looming.

Well, I guess they aren't happy with either video on demand or currently releasing to theaters, so pushing everything off a year it is!

I noticed Empire Strikes Back is being released in theaters this weekend for a run. I found that interesting as an obvious weathervane for the health of the theater industry by Disney. They've crunched all the numbers on Star Wars geeks, they know them pretty well at this point and what they will watch on Disney+. This is an opportunity to make a controlled experiment using ESB to see how the landscape has changed and to what degree content will be placed on either platform. .

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Tenet absolutely tanking is very bad for the film industry and it has freaked out all of these big studios.
Movie industry insiders said Warner Bros went ahead with Tenet so it would be the only "new" movie in theaters and they're content to have that be the case for the next few months. Now that Wonder Woman 1984 has been pushed back to Christmas Day, it's looking like Tenet could be in theaters until Thanksgiving, which will help inflate Tenet's box office numbers.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
It won't be ending any time soon.

I love my local theater. We went and saw Space Jam last week. We were the only people in the theater and one of the few people in the building. I really do enjoy the theater experience... I'll be really bummed if it closes.

• Agree
Reactions: Triggermv

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
The way things are going now, I'm not sure how many theaters are going to make it coming out the other end, whenever that may be

Help Support Us

Become a patron