• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
To anyone that knows:

My heyday with Marvel was more than 50 years ago so I'm really light on what's from the books and what's scripted in the movie.

Is there a book background for Stark making a tech-heavy spidysuit?

Vulture was around 50 years ago but I'm assuming the collection of alien and superhero weaponry was done more to blend in with the current storylines?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
To anyone that knows:

My heyday with Marvel was more than 50 years ago so I'm really light on what's from the books and what's scripted in the movie.

Vulture was around 50 years ago but I'm assuming the collection of alien and superhero weaponry was done more to blend in with the current storylines?

Somewhere right before the Civil War. Looked like this:
upload_2017-7-16_8-12-32.jpeg

The Vulture was updated for the movie to fit the MCU and turn him into something interesting.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
To anyone that knows:

I thought the suit was a blend of regular spidery suit and the iron spider suit.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Told you guys I'd post some of the Spiderman Homecoming stuff my company created after it went public. I wasn't the lead designer on these but was still fun to be involved with development. This is a deluxe resin collectible shipped with Blu Ray. Not sure you can order this in US yet, launched in Europe first.

02-484042.jpg

This blu-ray mask case is more mass market and usually things like this end up in lots of US big box stores. Cool feature is the eyes focus like his new suit with a slim button on top. Probably for good reason CF won't allow Amazon links. If you just search on Amazon for "Spiderman Homecoming 4K" it will come up and you can see a video of the eyes moving and the case opening.
81OXNOiZnPL._SL1500_.jpg

There's a third deluxe DVD/BluRay item not yet out I'll post when it is.

Last edited:

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Saw Baby Driver this week and man, that movie is good. Great story, great fun, great laughs, great thrills, and great creativity. Obviously, Edgar Wright is a very good director. I mention this on here simply because Wright was the original director of Ant-Man prior to the Studio and him splitting due to creative differences. Now, if only we could get him back to do another Superhero movie. However, I'm pretty sure he has said he won't be back. He is just one of those directors that likes full creative freedom, which will never be there with a shared universe. Essentially, that is why it didn't work the first time around.

Also worth noting on Baby Driver. I've seen enough car chases in my life already to the point where pretty much all of them have become stale and boring. However, I will say the car chases in this movie made me feel like a kid all over again. Amazing. Other movies need to take notes.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Told you guys I'd post some of the Spiderman Homecoming stuff my company created after it went public. I wasn't the lead designer on these but was still fun to be involved with development. This is a deluxe resin collectible shipped with Blu Ray. Not sure you can order this in US yet, launched in Europe first.

02-484042.jpg

This blu-ray mask case is more mass market and usually things like this end up in lots of US big box stores. Cool feature is the eyes focus like his new suit with a slim button on top. Probably for good reason CF won't allow Amazon links. If you just search on Amazon for "Spiderman Homecoming 4K" it will come up and you can see a video of the eyes moving and the case opening.
81OXNOiZnPL._SL1500_.jpg

There's a third deluxe DVD/BluRay item not yet out I'll post when it is.

Way cool stuff. That has to be fun getting to work on stuff like this. FYI... if you guys are ever giving away freebies on anything, you know who to call....... me :). I will gladly take any giveaways. I'm also maybe the best tester for anything around. I mean, I'm practically like a 5 year old.... at least that is what my wife says sometimes.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Saw Baby Driver this week and man, that movie is good. Great story, great fun, great laughs, great thrills, and great creativity. Obviously, Edgar Wright is a very good director. I mention this on here simply because Wright was the original director of Ant-Man prior to the Studio and him splitting due to creative differences. Now, if only we could get him back to do another Superhero movie. However, I'm pretty sure he has said he won't be back. He is just one of those directors that likes full creative freedom, which will never be there with a shared universe. Essentially, that is why it didn't work the first time around.

Also worth noting on Baby Driver. I've seen enough car chases in my life already to the point where pretty much all of them have become stale and boring. However, I will say the car chases in this movie made me feel like a kid all over again. Amazing. Other movies need to take notes.

I need to check out. I felt the same way about Mad Max Fury Road in terms of just the way action/chase scenes are shot in general.

The soundtrack hype interests me too. I remember as a teen watching Pulp Fiction, against my parents forbidding it. While I loved the movie I rushed out to get the soundtrack and listened to it non stop for a year.

Reactions: harimad

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
You'll come around with another viewing.

This is actually a really good statement as the more I dwell on the movie, the more I already seem to be coming around. Trust me, once I get to see it again, it will get another full shot to redeem itself in many ways, and climb the rankings ladder.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I need to check out. I felt the same way about Mad Max Fury Road in terms of just the way action/chase scenes are shot in general.

The soundtrack hype interests me too. I remember as a teen watching Pulp Fiction, against my parents forbidding it. While I loved the movie I rushed out to get the soundtrack and listened to it non stop for a year.

That is funny as EVERYONE loved Fury Road, and I was completely so-so on it. Sure, it was fun, but I never really understood the hype. Baby Driver has some of the same hype and it totally lived up to it. It is also one of those movies that I see only gaining more and more popularity as time goes on. Again, HIGHLY recommend for anyone out there. It is also one of those movies that hooks you from the minute it starts.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Triggermv - you may need to start a "Sony Spider-verse" thread with these new films they have in production. Here is the latest rumor about the "Silver & Black" movie (starring Silver Sable & Black Cat):

That Hashtag Show reports the film’s main villain will be Mendell Stromm, a geneticist who becomes the cyborg known as “Gaunt.” The Scorpion, The Chameleon, and The Tarantula will serve as Stromm’s henchmen, while Tombstone will appear as the film’s secondary antagonist. Whether Sony’s Scorpion will be the Mac Gargan version recently portrayed by Michael Mando in Spider-Man: Homecoming, or one of the character’s several other interpretations, remains ambiguous.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/fresh-rumors-about-the-spider-man-villains-coming-to-si-1796995321

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Triggermv - you may need to start a "Sony Spider-verse" thread with these new films they have in production. Here is the latest rumor about the "Silver & Black" movie (starring Silver Sable & Black Cat):

http://io9.gizmodo.com/fresh-rumors-about-the-spider-man-villains-coming-to-si-1796995321

Haha, I've thought about it, but truthfully, until we know for sure these characters "will not" actually be tied to the MCU, I'm holding off. I have no doubt there is a big ole game of chess going on right now between Sony and Marvel with moves still left to be played. If anything, what people can take away right now is that these Sony Spidey-verse movies are separate until we hear otherwise. Shoot, they may even be separate to start out with as a test run, then if successful, get post-facto adopted in. I also really believe the announcement of these movies are being used as some type of bargaining chip between Sony and Marvel, as Sony is in the process of trying to find a buying for their motion pictures group. If you don't know, Sony has been struggling hardcore with their movie division due to a lack of block-buster franchises overall, as well as the flops of others....aka Ghostbusters. With all that said, you can probably get the gist of my skepticism on starting a new thread. In the meantime, I'd encourage everyone to post stuff about both "separate" universes on here until we truly see what happens.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Haha, I've thought about it, but truthfully, until we know for sure these characters "will not" actually be tied to the MCU, I'm holding off. I have no doubt there is a big ole game of chess going on right now between Sony and Marvel with moves still left to be played. If anything, what people can take away right now is that these Sony Spidey-verse movies are separate until we hear otherwise. Shoot, they may even be separate to start out with as a test run, then if successful, get post-facto adopted in. I also really believe the announcement of these movies are being used as some type of bargaining chip between Sony and Marvel, as Sony is in the process of trying to find a buying for their motion pictures group. If you don't know, Sony has been struggling hardcore with their movie division due to a lack of block-buster franchises overall, as well as the flops of others....aka Ghostbusters. With all that said, you can probably get the gist of my skepticism on starting a new thread. In the meantime, I'd encourage everyone to post stuff about both "separate" universes on here until we truly see what happens.

FYI.... I'm pulling for Disney buying out Sony, which still is likely a long-shot. Not only would that give them full authority on Spider-Man moving forward, but I would also absolutely love to see what Disney could do with my beloved Ghostbusters too. Overall though, I just don't know that Sony Pictures fits Disney's model for the types of purchases they want to make.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Almost forgot about this, but now that I've posted my full-out Spider-Man: Homecoming review, I figured it was only right for me to update my MCU rankings to include it. With that said, I fully realize that I'm a little lower than the general populace probably on my Homecoming thoughts and rankings, but that is ok. I'll also admit that the movie continues to grow on me as time has gone on, and I wouldn't be surprised if the movie actually climbs in my rankings over time. Feelings can change over time. A good example would be Dr. Strange, which only seems to fall lower and lower over time.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier – Thought this movie had the best drama and best writing and story line of all the movies. Its action sequences were probably only second to Civil War as well.
  2. Marvel’s The Avengers – Iconic way to pull everything together with the best villain in the MCU. The final battle was so epic and unlike anything we had ever seen up until that point.
  3. Captain America: Civil War - Most fun and one of the funniest movies on the list. Also produced the best action sequences, had some of the best character moments, and showcased the best balancing act of so many characters. Biggest downfall was having a very good, but not great story line, which kept it from topping my list.
  4. Iron Man – Epic way to start the Universe with an unbelievable star for a headliner. Never got into the Iron Monger villain though.
  5. Guardians of the Galaxy – Best space epic since the original Star Wars movies. Also was probably the funniest movie of the MCU so far.
  6. Marvel's Daredevil: Season 2 - The introduction of Jon Bernthal's Punisher in Season 2 was what truly made this season great and better than Season 2. Had a few pacing issues, but overall, the series only improved all the characters within it from Season 1, but I'm still so-so on all the Electra stuff. Still needs a few more crossovers, but had a few.
  7. Marvel’s Daredevil: Season 1 – Loved the street-level more-adult-themed tone of this show. Also contains probably the second best villain in the MCU. Being on Netflix is a great way to un-cuff all the normal problems of making a TV show for network viewing.
  8. Ant-Man - Had super-low expectations, but walked away pleasantly surprised. Yet another weak villain, but contained some great comedy with some great actors. Paul Rudd won me over when I once was really skeptical of him.
  9. Captain America: The First Avenger – Epic first-half of the movie with Cap’s origin story, but believe it or not, I found Red Skull a little underdeveloped. Loved the WWII time period aspect of this one.
  10. Spider-Man: Homecoming - Amazing casting on this movie throughout, with Tom Holland being the best Spider-Man yet. Also featured one of the greatest villains in the MCU yet with Michael Keaton, with one of the best scenes and best twists. Movie just lacked the music score and emotional weight of some of its predecessors.
  11. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - Huge on the laughs, fun and heart, but a little mediocre on the story and substance. Also, went a little overboard at times where things got a bit too campy. Characters were probably more fun than story.
  12. Marvel's Jessica Jones - Series filled with great actors, great drama, good diversity to what we are used to, and one of the best villains in the MCU (Kilgrave). Series suffered most from having probably 3-4 too many episodes, poor pacing, and not enough ties to the overall MCU.
  13. Iron Man 2 – Many will mock me, but I actually really enjoyed this movie and actually enjoyed it more than Iron Man 3. Make fun of me all you want, but I didn’t think Whiplash was that bad. I think this movie gets unfairly criticized.
  14. Doctor Strange - This was a fairly Marvel formulaic origin story with some ground-breaking visual effects, a mediocre villain, an innovative ending, and some great characters. However, its biggest problem for me is that it was probably just a bit too out there on the magic side to fully be my cup of tea, which is okay. I still enjoyed it.
  15. Avengers: Age of Ultron – Fun movie, but suffered from too much CGI action, too many characters, and too many storylines.
  16. Iron Man 3 – Don’t know what it is, but I just never really got into this one, and it probably had something to do with the big Mandarin villain twist towards the end. Also never really liked Killian either. Again, I surprisingly like Iron Man 2 better
  17. Thor – Don’t know what it is, but I just never got into this storyline or villains as much as the others. However, it is growing on me over time and I now like this more than Thor: The Dark World
  18. Marvel's Luke Cage: Season 1: Loved the music angle, loved Cottonmouth as the villain, loved the first 4 episodes. However, this was another Netflix series that really lost its way somewhere in the middle, and I really didn't care for any of the Diamondback stuff. Still enjoyed it, but definitely the worst Netflix series yet.
  19. Thor: The Dark World – Criticize me if you will, but I actually liked this movie more than probably most, but after re-watching it recently, it did fall some in my rankings. I now have the origin Thor above it.
  20. Marvel’s Agents of Shield: Season 2 – Liked the less cheese and more serious tone than the first season. Also, loved the Inhuman’s storyline. Used to hate Skye, but now don’t mind her. This is definitely the best AOS season so far
  21. Marvel’s Agent Carter – Loved the period timepiece aspect of this. Great show.
  22. The Incredible Hulk – Good movie, but not great. Never was into Norton for the role or the look they gave theHulk, so I was super glad when the switch was made and they remade the Hulk's appearance.
  23. Marvel’s Agents of Shield: Season 1 – Struggled hardcore in the first half-dozen episodes, but then finally picked up when Winter Soldier story line set in and the cheese started to fade. Overall, ended up really enjoying this.
  24. Marvel's Agents of Shield: Season 3 - Was VERY up and down throughout. There was times I really liked what they were doing, whereas other times where I really did not like what they were doing. Overall, the series is getting a little tired, too many forced fistfights, and still too high on the cheese factor. Still fun at times though.
  25. Marvel's Agent Carter: Season 2 - Great actors and characters combined with a poor stand-alone story, which lacked substance and true stakes to the MCU
  26. Marvel's Iron Fist: Season 1 - A combination of terrible casting/acting from Danny Rand, terrible boring story, poor fight sequences, and too low a budget resulted in Marvel's first major dud for a TV show. At least the back half of the season was much better than the front half.

You'll also notice I like tiering things out with the color codes, which puts Spider-Man: Homecoming solidly as a second-tier MCU movie. Again, my guess is many people believe it should be up in the top tier, which I fully respect.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Some Marvel-Netflix news from SDCC:

Season 2 of Iron Fist is confirmed and Misty Knight will be involved in the story.

Revealed a clip from The Punisher series.

Revealed a new trailer for The Defenders. Then they showed the entire first episode.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
That is funny as EVERYONE loved Fury Road, and I was completely so-so on it. Sure, it was fun, but I never really understood the hype. Baby Driver has some of the same hype and it totally lived up to it. It is also one of those movies that I see only gaining more and more popularity as time goes on. Again, HIGHLY recommend for anyone out there. It is also one of those movies that hooks you from the minute it starts.

The effects and action filming techniques of Fury Road are a quantum leap forward that can't really be denied. I couldn't have even dreamed a movie could come out and just crush everything in that area beyond any recognition.

But I can see how people could not enjoy the movie because I enjoy Road Warrior and even Thunder Dome slightly more. The pacing and story are not the greatest.

Reactions: Triggermv

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Some Marvel-Netflix news from SDCC:

Season 2 of Iron Fist is confirmed and Misty Knight will be involved in the story.

Revealed a clip from The Punisher series.

Revealed a new trailer for The Defenders. Then they showed the entire first episode.

Defenders should be good but I'm honestly more excited for The Punisher

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Just announced that the Captain Marvel solo movie takes place in the 1990s and she and (a pre-eye patch) Nick Fury will be fighting the Skrulls.

Michelle Pfeiffer cast as Janet Van Dyne in Ant-Man and the Wasp.

Last edited:
Reactions: tejasclone