Man wins Mega Billions Jackpot

Jmarsh13

Sep 28, 2006
Bill Gates is donating most of his fortune to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for charitable work just like Warren Buffett is doing. I am sure he will still take care of his 3 kids but it won't be 30+Billion to each...

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Bill Gates is donating most of his fortune to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for charitable work just like Warren Buffett is doing. I am sure he will still take care of his 3 kids but it won't be 30+Billion to each...

The pledge is half your worth. So that leaves roughly 50 bill for the kids and government. How many kids does he have?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
What a train wreck that is. I don't pay attention to the news and only read news online if it pops up on a site such as CF. The comments remind me why. Those people are insane.
Agree, I have stopped listening to most of the news. Found out you don’t really need to listen to most of the crap that organizations present as news.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The comments section on that article though.. woof.

Yeah, it's jaw dropping.

Been a while since I've seen that level of fear and insecurity. 10% of the posts are about his prenup or her inheritance, the other 90% are out of control mindless fear.

• Agree
Reactions: CycoCyclone

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL

The pledge is half your worth. So that leaves roughly 50 bill for the kids and government. How many kids does he have?

so 20-25 billion by the time the gates pass. Those kids will be scraping by.

They are giving away over 99% of their fortune.

Each child will receive the "miniscule" amount of $10million, the rest will go to their foundation.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
They are giving away over 99% of their fortune.

Each child will receive the "miniscule" amount of $10million, the rest will go to their foundation.
1% would still be 366 million each today.

I was just going off what I googled where it talked about 50%. Didn’t know he was doing more.

EDIT. Some of the foundations pay out sizeable chunks to the heirs still.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
1% would still be 366 million each today.

I was just going off what I googled where it talked about 50%. Didn’t know he was doing more.

EDIT. Some of the foundations pay out sizeable chunks to the heirs still.

Well he's donating 99.96% of his wealth then.

Yea the kids are not gonna suffer and they'll probably always have the Foundation to fall back on if their endeavors fail. But you have to give the Gates a little credit in trying to have the kids forge their own path